Cleric Deities...

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Chexss
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: USA

Cleric Deities...

Unread post by Chexss »

Alright so I am creating a cleric. I really want to make an evil cleric on the surface. However the undeath deity is only listed under 1 drow god. I want to keep this as realistic as I can for RP. I don't want to just pick a drow god as a human or a sun elf and have no way to justify it.

So my question is...am I able to pick - Kiaransalee - (Domains: Chaos, Evil, Magic, Undeath)
to make my evil cleric? I don't want to make it then have it be horrible for RP and well find out its against the rules =P

Or could we just have undeath added to one of the general deities?!?! There's nothing wrong with having some more evil on the surface :twisted:
Nessa Loreweaver - Wood Elf - Druid ~ Biography
Talira Claddval - Drow - Wizard ~ Biography
Beram Grenspan - Halfling - Pirate
Garico Thenson - Human - Follower of Ilmater
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Cleric Deities...

Unread post by Maecius »

Unfortunately, the only deities to ever sponsor the undeath domain are Kiaransalee, Velsharoon, and Shar.

In our server's timeline, Velsharoon does not yet exist as a deity, and Shar does not yet have the undeath domain in her portfolio. This leaves only Kiaransalee, who is, as you've noted, a drow deity. She is primarily worshiped by drow. The Lore suggests a few people in the Cult of the Dragon might also worship her as well.

But if you are playing a non-drow character, selecting her as your deity would be incongruous with the Lore, unless you have a very good reason as to why your character would A) know about Kiaransalee, and B) have a reason to not only worship her, but receive cleric powers from her.

If not, I'm afraid one of the other evil deities may be a better choice for you, and you'll just have to forego the undeath domain in favor of some of the other evil domains.

Return to “Questions for DMs”