How does that work with counterspelling? In another player turns that on, you see a notification indicating he has done so, but is it in any way reflected in how a character behaves to be considered a hostile action?Roleplaying hostile actions (drawing your weapon, grabbing the hilt of your sword, gripping your staff tightly, etc.) towards another player is consenting to PVP with that player. This means that the other player may toggle hostile and initiate PVP against you without giving an RP out.
Hostile actions...
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Hostile actions...
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Hostile actions...
This is a good question, Servin. And it's not a question that I have an answer to right now. We'll be revising the rules a bit here in the new year, and I'll be sure we make this issue one of the talking points.
Hopefully we'll have a better answer for you in the updated rules. Right now, all I can say is that it'd likely be judged on a case by case basis.
Hopefully we'll have a better answer for you in the updated rules. Right now, all I can say is that it'd likely be judged on a case by case basis.
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
Deathgrowl
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 6603
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
- Location: VIKING NORWAY!
Re: Hostile actions...
Turning on counterspell should be considered the same thing as toggling hostile. It's a game mechanic only and the character being targeted for counterspell shouldn't be able to tell before he/she casts a spell.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
-
DM Setanta
- Posts: 778
- Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:53 pm
Re: Hostile actions...
I have to agree with this statementDeathgrowl wrote:Turning on counterspell should be considered the same thing as toggling hostile. It's a game mechanic only and the character being targeted for counterspell shouldn't be able to tell before he/she casts a spell.
“Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting in your fruit salad.”