http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=85
Description:
This plugin converts a Infinity Engine dialog file (e.g. from Baldur's Gate) into the NWN2 toolset.
Converted are just the texts. Actions, Conditions, Journal entries, and who the Speaker is for each node is all not converted.
The tokens used in the text are partly converted, and some information is lost in this conversion: In the IE games, there are seperate tokens for the name/gender/... of the protagonist and the current speaker (these could be different if you have a companion speak for you). NWN2 tokens do not have this distinction. Some tokens are left as found, because no NWN2 equivalent is available.
In the Infinity Engine, a conversation can be spread out over multiple .DLG files. The plugin automatically detects the referenced files, and searches for these files in the same folder as the file you are trying to convert. If the needed file is not found, a message is displayed.
The plugin finds the location of the IE games installation folder through the recent games list of Infinity Explorer, so it is recommended to have that installed.
is this any use to bring things from BG the game to our BG?
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Blunkanthrust
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:39 am
- Location: UK
is this any use to bring things from BG the game to our BG?
"…when you have stared long into the eyes of the Tarrasque and lived to tell the tale, I shall call you a warrior…"
- Randir, I, Worriers & Warriors. In: Codex Arcana.
- Randir, I, Worriers & Warriors. In: Codex Arcana.
-
DM Galadriel
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am
Re: is this any use to bring things from BG the game to our
It won't be Galadriel that tears those apart and edits scripts to make them work here. 
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
-
Blunkanthrust
- Posts: 128
- Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:39 am
- Location: UK
Re: is this any use to bring things from BG the game to our
haha thats fair enough just figured it might be of use when I was browsing the vault 
"…when you have stared long into the eyes of the Tarrasque and lived to tell the tale, I shall call you a warrior…"
- Randir, I, Worriers & Warriors. In: Codex Arcana.
- Randir, I, Worriers & Warriors. In: Codex Arcana.