Would Assay Resistance's divination's results be recordable? As in, could someone divine a book's wards with it and break them a bit more easily? Or perhaps could one remove a curse better with it?This spell enables you to divine the exact nature and vulnerabilities of a single creature's magical defenses, giving you a +10 bonus on caster level checks to overcome its spell resistance.
Assay resistance is effective only against one specific creature per casting, and you must be able to see the creature when you cast the spell.
Assay Resistance: Analyzing magical stuff?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Hoihe
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm
Assay Resistance: Analyzing magical stuff?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Assay Resistance: Analyzing magical stuff?
I think you're looking for Analyze Dweomer. Assay Resistance is more of a diviniation which deals with Spell resistance specifically. You might use it to overcome spells that lend an item or creature spell resistance.
Recording it can be done I think, but because its a Divination with a lower duration it implies that the result are only valid during that duration. The way I see it a Creature's SR constantly changes forms. So to reduce or break it you need an insight in its current form or shape; Since that constantly changes any recorded result becomes useless unless that specific form is expressed again.
I have no specific lore on SR though. Just my interpretation.
Recording it can be done I think, but because its a Divination with a lower duration it implies that the result are only valid during that duration. The way I see it a Creature's SR constantly changes forms. So to reduce or break it you need an insight in its current form or shape; Since that constantly changes any recorded result becomes useless unless that specific form is expressed again.
I have no specific lore on SR though. Just my interpretation.