I've some scripts /items/placeables from my MP mods that allow PCs to carry items and place them down as placeables IG. Like tents, prayer mats, candles, magic symbols, ect...just about any placeable can be made to do this. We can set up furniture stores for stools or just edit current stores to carry other items and make a nice money sink. DMs can change the names of items and the placeable will follow suit. I can even make them destroyable if you like.
However the items require tag based scripting and I haven't been able to get that to work in my Builder Mod as of yet.
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
I love this idea! I bet Mossy would Love to have a portable merchant stall to set up whenever she is selling her wares!!
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Fantastic! By any chance could it be scripted such that the sign placeables could have their names and descriptions changed by the DMFI tool so people could make their own custom signs.
If I can get this darn tagbased scripting to work in builder mod for testing I can whip out dozens of props like this in no time.
Would like to keep their sales based inside BG if possible(as far as surface areas), trying to get more traffic there.
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
mrieder79 wrote:Fantastic! By any chance could it be scripted such that the sign placeables could have their names and descriptions changed by the DMFI tool so people could make their own custom signs.
When I get over my ignorance on the script issue I'll test our DMFI on it...might work out since I believe if an Items name is changed, the placeables will follow suit.
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
OOOOOH! You are creating items that when used will create placeables. I thought you were expanding the PC tools selections. That is completely different! I've done this before. If you run into problems, let me know and I'll share my script with you.
LOL! Giant tents will weigh 800 pounds! You can carry it but...
I'll take a peak at this link. Any idea why it's not working in buiders mod?
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
The scripts need to be converted to nwn1 tag based scripting.
Take a look at the tag based script template in the builder mod.
It might make more sense.
In nwn2 the tag event was tied to the script name.
In nwn1, there is one script and it decodes the event within the script itself (again this will make sense if you open the template script in mentioned in the link and look at it's main() )
So events you can have are these.
X2_ITEM_EVENT_ONHITCAST For the OnHit Cast Spell: Unique power
X2_ITEM_EVENT_EQUIP For the OnItemEquip Event
X2_ITEM_EVENT_UNEQUIP For the OnItemUnequip Event
X2_ITEM_EVENT_ACQUIRE For the OnAquire Event
X2_ITEM_EVENT_UNACQUIRE For the OnUnAquire Event
X2_ITEM_EVENT_SPELLCAST_AT For casting a spell on the item
In nwn2 those got imposed into the script name by adding the postfix to the script name.
So no event handler is needed in the script since you already know what it does based on the postfix
For the OnHit Cast Spell: Unique power Postfix = “_hc”
For the OnItemEquip Event Postfix = “_eq”
For the OnItemUnequip Event Postfix = “_ue”
For the OnAquire Event Postfix = “_aq”
For the OnUnAquire Event Postfix = “_ua”
For the OnActivate Event Postfix = “_ac”
For casting a spell on the item Postfix = “_ci”
I can convert them probably tonight if you need some help.
Cool thats what i'm talking about, exactly as i seen it, tents bedrolls, etc.. nice lets try and get it working.
Buurk Gers: OH! BIG DOGGIE, MEBZ PET! *runs off chasing a boar*
Henry: Gold is the source of all life mate, not blood.
Ole'grum: Yer mothers a tavern Wench!
Xilo Villa: Your gold or your life.