Legends of the Dark Knight

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

Hello.

I am here to make the world live and breathe. I will focus on random mini-events and NPC interactions to cover as much of the playerbase as possible. I will also reward RP wherever I see it.

Stay in-character. You cannot sleep and become magically healed in six seconds. You cannot take off a suit of full plate armor in one second. If you are in my events and you do something that is out-of-character and makes no in-character sense, there will be repercussions.

If you are in a DM event, you are not bound by game mechanics. Jump. Swim. Pick up a rock. Be creative and resourceful. Roleplay.

Please do not expect free resurrections or automatic success of any kind in my events. As a rule of thumb, it will be up to other player characters to revive you if you die. Those who succeed will have earned it.

If you need tech support, I will help you. If you have a complaint, I will record it and pass it on.

Treat everyone with respect and integrity. We are all here to make a better world. Do what you can, and I will too.
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

Afternoon Discussion at the Friendly Arm Inn

An elf named William and a human named Aaron were talking with the auctioneer, Henry Mudd. William thought that the 10% commission rate was unfairly high if the item did not get sold. Aaron thought that the terms and conditions of the auction were clear for everyone to see before they put any items up. Unsurprisingly, Henry Mudd agreed with Aaron.

William - XP, alignment shift
Aaron - XP, alignment shift
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

An Organized Resistance

Lizards in a cave in Amn organized a resistance against two intruders. The shamans summoned elementals, the Chieftain rallied his warriors, and the two intruders lived to tell the tale. The lizards did not.

Character names escape my memory.
Female halfling - XP
Human male - XP, alignment shift
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

Wild Drakes

A large hunting party was defending Nashkel against the hill giants. Two frost giants came rushing down from the Cloud Peak mountains, and were slain by the hunting party. Shortly thereafter, two frost drakes descended upon the party, taking them by surprise in the snowstorm. No one was able to sense them coming. The hunting party was able to slay the drakes.
Then for some reason, three members of the hunting party decided to try to sleep. Three frost drakes took advantage of the party's dropped guard and descended down from the sky. The hunting party sustained significant casualties during the ensuing fight, but somehow emerged victorious. The party took their wounded back to Nashkel.
After taking care of their injuries, they asked Hunter Harrow for his input. Hunter Harrow's opinion was that the drakes had escaped the control of their frost giant masters and were in a frenzy. It was lucky that the hunting party was there to stop the drakes from reaching Nashkel.

The names of everyone in the large party escape my memory.
Everyone - XP
Female elf who saved the day - alignment shift
One or two other characters - alignment shift
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

Turbulent Waters

Dakar GreyFang and Grubnar are traveling through the Underdark's tunnels when elementals come from a nearby river. The two fight the elementals off. Grubnar goes to sniff the water, but fails to discern anything wrong. Dakar makes little attempt to analyze the situation. The waters become placid again, and the two continue on their way.

Dakar GreyFang - XP
Grubnar - gold
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

Fooling Around

Nicolas Fleming and Ashan Moristran rescue Sera'mela Meriel. She is brought to the Temple of Lathander in Beregost for treatment. Nicolas and Ashan then engage in a friendly duel in front of the priest, for some reason. Nicolas is felled, and the guards come to investigate the sounds of disturbance. They arrest Ashan and take him to jail. The priest stays in the temple to tend to Nicolas's wounds.
The Sheriff conducts an inquiry and a guard goes back to the priest to confirm Ashan's story.
Ashan is fined and released.
Afterwards, Ashan and Sera'mela talk outside.

Ashan Moristran - gold loss, XP
Sera'mela Meriel - XP
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."
User avatar
DM Batman
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Legends of the Dark Knight

Unread post by DM Batman »

What The Imp Does With Some Of Those Ingredients

Many orcs invaded the Trade Way from the Woods of Sharp Teeth. They were put down swiftly by many adventurers, who then marched into the Woods to investigate. The adventurers found no further orc activity in the woods, but a nearby imp seemed thrilled to see so many adventurers gathered in one place. The imp teleported away, and a pit fiend was summoned to the woods. Working as a team, the adventurers banished the pit fiend back to its plane. Merek theorized that the imp was responsible for summoning the pit fiend. He further theorized that the imp was possibly in league with a wizard. The elven mage Aia regretfully did not have the spells required to follow the imp. Velaris did his best to trace the imp's teleportation, but botched his attempt. Luckily, his wards saved him from a fiery demise. Buurk the half-orc tried to help with further attempts, but the magical trail had gone cold by then.

XP for all
Extra XP to Velaris for a valiant effort
Alignment shift to Buurk for trying to be a helpful half-orc
". . . But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy.
I never wanted you to come back to Gotham. I always knew there was nothing here for you except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that.
I still do."

Return to “Archive”