Underdark Night
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
7threalm
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1952
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am
Underdark Night
is there anyway to bypass the night (stages) so i can get a constant night?
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
-
7threalm
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1952
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am
Re: Underdark Night
for an exterior area
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Underdark Night
I think you can set that in the area properties. (Night only?)
On the server UD areas are Interior and Underground. Flagged as both. Even if they are exteriors in terms of the toolset.
On the server UD areas are Interior and Underground. Flagged as both. Even if they are exteriors in terms of the toolset.
Last edited by Rasael on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
7threalm
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1952
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am
Re: Underdark Night
well i tried that but it doesn't seem dark enough, I'm not sure how you got it sooo dark in the other areas like ssmath.
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Underdark Night
1) Turn off directional Light in the area properties tab.
2) Export the day/night properties from Shamath (use Export under the properties tab).
3) Import the day/night properties into your area. (You have now copied the light settings from Sshamath)
4) Set the day stage in the toolset menu to night and see how it looks. Normally it is set to default which I think is day?
I can't build in the dark myself.
So normally during work I turn directional light back on, and set the default light setting for the area to be bright so I can see.
But then when you load the area IG, since it's set to night only, it will use those light settings.
Just remember to flip directional light back off.
2) Export the day/night properties from Shamath (use Export under the properties tab).
3) Import the day/night properties into your area. (You have now copied the light settings from Sshamath)
4) Set the day stage in the toolset menu to night and see how it looks. Normally it is set to default which I think is day?
I can't build in the dark myself.
So normally during work I turn directional light back on, and set the default light setting for the area to be bright so I can see.
But then when you load the area IG, since it's set to night only, it will use those light settings.
Just remember to flip directional light back off.
-
7threalm
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1952
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 am
Re: Underdark Night
thx
Duragin Balderden(Battle Rager of Kraak Helzak)
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm
Rlyd (Drow Wizard)- Fearn School of Enchantment and Charm