multiclass caster builds

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Ishtar
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 pm

multiclass caster builds

Unread post by Ishtar »

I have been looking into some multiclass caster builds and wanted to know if there any restrictions on multiclass caster builds.

...some combinations of arcane/divine divine caster and a prestige class can yield some interesting results... are there any restrictions on these?

I'm asking as I don't want to waste my time spending hours levelling a build that I'm later informed is not allowed after I've invested a lot of time into it.
Uurad Na'Gabraen
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: multiclass caster builds

Unread post by Luna »

For the most part you can do what you want.

You need to follow these two rules

3. Powerbuild rule: If you are multiclassing, you need to have at least three levels in EACH of your classes by level 20 (you cannot take a new class after 20). Prestige classes are included in this rule. So for example, a Rogue 12/Wizard 5/Arcane Trickster 3 is okay. A Rogue 13/Wizard 5/ Arcane Trickster 2 is not. Failure to observe this rule will result in the deleveling of your PC to a legal state with NO XP refund!

15. If you would like to play a Cleric or any other divine caster class, including Stormlord, (with the exception of nature-based ones), please read the forums rules about domains here.
Ishtar
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: multiclass caster builds

Unread post by Ishtar »

Many thanks.
Uurad Na'Gabraen

Return to “Questions for DMs”