Ok, I could have sworn I just posted this, but it's not showing up.
Anyway:
Has there ever been any thought given to rewards for forum RP? I see a lot of detailed stories and goings on involved with everything from trades, to backstories, to actual behind the scenes plotting for quest lines going on.
This would entice players to join and participate on the forums, as well as open up opportunities for thing that can't be accomplished in game. Someone could for instance set tehmselves up as information brokers, or fences, or go-betweens between a secretive guild who don't meet face to face by using PMs.
Also people who can't play regular times due to IRL events, work, time zones etc could still be a part of worldshaping events and DM quests.
Thoughts please?
An idea/suggestion
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Gilthanus
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:22 pm
An idea/suggestion
I'm Gilthanus the bard, you've probably heard of me, I'm very famous.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: An idea/suggestion
We can't always find volunteers who want to review stuff and grant xp.
-
Gilthanus
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 7:22 pm
Re: An idea/suggestion
WEll if it's an idea the DM staff would be onboard with, why not let forum members who DO read it report the post for DM attention if they think it's good enough. That may also avoid any favoritism claims if the community nominates the posts.
I'm Gilthanus the bard, you've probably heard of me, I'm very famous.
-
Zorn
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 1:26 am
Re: An idea/suggestion
I think the forums are used to iron out all those little details that you cannot do in game. Like, sometimes I cannot meet everyone I want in a guild so I roleplay some event that will lead up to a meeting in the actual game. Or plan something of the like. The actual roleplay bit where your character adventures and experiences Faerun should be done in the game rather than having someone describe every real detail on the forums.
I also think the poor DM's don't have the time to read and evaluate every little post either.
I also think the poor DM's don't have the time to read and evaluate every little post either.
Zorn ~ Permanent resident in a Cavern.. Somewhere!