Editing Armor Models

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Cristof
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:17 am
Location: Illinois (GMT -5 with DST)

Editing Armor Models

Unread post by Cristof »

I was initially looking to create a new model for light armor. I've researched the amount of work involved, compared it to my available time, and realized that isn't going to happen.

I've shifted gears now and would like to merge components of two different, but currently existing models in hopes that it could be done easier. The 'easier' of the two would involve changing the 'pants' from one model to that of another. I'd love to be able to edit some of the other features, but that one change would be suitable.

The other would involve changing the 'arms' of a model and applying a new texture to the shirt.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what I would need to do in order to complete this project and/or get it imported into the server?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
Tildon - Blade of Waterdeep and Serendipitous Minstrel
Dylan of the Second Wave
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Editing Armor Models

Unread post by Luna »

Mmm, ping Duster47. He can point you to what you need.
Faehunden
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Editing Armor Models

Unread post by Faehunden »

Cristof wrote:I was initially looking to create a new model for light armor. I've researched the amount of work involved, compared it to my available time, and realized that isn't going to happen.
90 % of the work is knowing what you want. The rest takes little time if you get a few pointers.


/// Special thanks to Montaron Alagondar for the help he gave me.
Bloodtooth - Bloodrushed Shocktrooper
Linda Butterleaf - Master Sniper and trouble maker
Gustav Himmel - Golden Soul
Ib Swift -Bane of Kneecaps

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”