I do understand why DMs loathe to rebuild characters because then you have all these requests when people want to change maybe everything with their characters...you know, give an inch, people might take a foot. But I have to say it should only be fair that my toon (Sabel Faeria) should be allowed to be chopped down level wise and have the exp reapplied back up to current level.
The changes to the spells, or spells not doing what it says in their descriptions has put a damper on her spell selection from which I had make other non optimal choices based on those bad choices. For instance, I learned reading online about how True sight in NWN2 doesn't allow you to spot hiding creatures like it says it does so that spell is now worthless to her. Shadow Shield used to protect against ability drain damage (even though in the description it doesn't say that), but i think it got modified on this server. When I played solo campaign or other servers, my ability points were protected using shadow shield. So that spell is largely useless to me, I should have went with energy immunity.
Tensers is very messed up, though funny enough for rp reasons I refuse to get rid of it for a much better spell. Also, the fact that sorcerers are bugged in NWN2 and can't swap spells in their epic levels I think is a bit unfair when you consider many of the spells try their best to represent PnP rules like spells like Tensers; which besides the BAB increase instead of AB increase bug is fine with me.
I have already re-leveled her once on my own to fix a mistake. She is close to level 20 an will learn no more new spells, so what she has now spell wise I know works, and the new spells I want to add, are straightforward enough and I had tested them with my other toon to know they work as intended. It only would take a few minutes and I need to change nothing else about the character besides a few spells. Please help me, DM Upholder said if I can get approved he would do it for me. Thx
Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
ohboy007
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
-
Whispers of Winter
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:41 pm
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
Probably should have been a PM to the 'DM status' so they all get it- Unless the DMs want to sticky this and instead use it as a basis for those wishing to have changes done and should the reason be good enough or their moods right, approve and have it done in game. Does allow everyone to post here instead of flooding the DM Pms or the like. Should also be noted that, if this is made a sticky, the requests here should be within reason and pretty darn good ones. Such as changes/additions to the server that affect a PC or build whether having hit level 30 already or not and the like. So on and so forth.
"Oh by the will of Talos! Will you ask the woman for a drink before I stab you in the chest!"
-
TheVoid
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2107
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
Sorry this is not going to happen. All the spell changes and fixes are updated on the boards. There is a training module that you can test your builds with without coming in-game to do it.
If it was truly a bug and not a "misinterpretation" of the abilities and spells (which is solely the responsibility of the player) than there would be a chance to have a rebuild.
True seeing is valuable, shadow shield does protect death magic and ability drain to an extent, that extent is if the ability drain came from a NECROMANTIC Spell.
IMHO Shadow shield is one the best spells in the game:
■+5 natural AC bonus
■10/adamantine damage reduction
■Immunity to instant death effects
■Immunity to Necromancy spells
immunity to all necro spells and death effects, there is no other spell like this and as far as I know, we have never changed this spell.
As for Truesight, you need it, you are a bit new here and don't know it yet but you will find it is quite valuable later on.
If it was truly a bug and not a "misinterpretation" of the abilities and spells (which is solely the responsibility of the player) than there would be a chance to have a rebuild.
True seeing is valuable, shadow shield does protect death magic and ability drain to an extent, that extent is if the ability drain came from a NECROMANTIC Spell.
IMHO Shadow shield is one the best spells in the game:
■+5 natural AC bonus
■10/adamantine damage reduction
■Immunity to instant death effects
■Immunity to Necromancy spells
immunity to all necro spells and death effects, there is no other spell like this and as far as I know, we have never changed this spell.
As for Truesight, you need it, you are a bit new here and don't know it yet but you will find it is quite valuable later on.
-
ohboy007
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
I figured Id try, i think ill bust her back down to 14 on my own and redo the spells. Might take a few months to get her back up to speed but I will find a way to rp it. She has premonition and can cast it 16 times, she doesn't need shadow shield. She's can cast spell mantles like a 20 something times, that will protect against necro spells along with protection from spells. You have a point with true sight, but she really needs another attack spell that level. I thank you for the timely and straightforward answer.
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
-
Azmodeth
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
- Location: Montreal
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
I RCR'd myself at one point because I was Horrendeously unsatisfied with a full-on rp build I made.
had to always party with level 7-12 people to get xp, at lvl 20+
now, I friggin tanked a dragon for 20 minutes while other people hit it every time they rolled a 20...
much happier. so I know how you feel when theres broken builds when it comes to casters.
I for one, will NOT have a single epic spell , literally had to use my epic feats on armor proficiencies and stuff, shield proficiencies and martial weapon proficiency... course, what took me 24 levels to get feat wise, a fighters gets instantly.. but Im still better off then I used to be,m with tons of broken feats, that would not work after transitioning, archmage taking away most my spells, and wasting points on wisdom and charisma..
had to always party with level 7-12 people to get xp, at lvl 20+
now, I friggin tanked a dragon for 20 minutes while other people hit it every time they rolled a 20...
much happier. so I know how you feel when theres broken builds when it comes to casters.
I for one, will NOT have a single epic spell , literally had to use my epic feats on armor proficiencies and stuff, shield proficiencies and martial weapon proficiency... course, what took me 24 levels to get feat wise, a fighters gets instantly.. but Im still better off then I used to be,m with tons of broken feats, that would not work after transitioning, archmage taking away most my spells, and wasting points on wisdom and charisma..
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
DMs can always delevel you, if that's less painful than an RCR. But as Void says, we don't give the XP back.
Do the math and see whether it'd be better for you to RCR (1/2 your XP) or drop a few levels to correct any errors.
Do the math and see whether it'd be better for you to RCR (1/2 your XP) or drop a few levels to correct any errors.
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
Ardul
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 pm
- Location: Germany
Re: Respectfully requesting a delevel rebuild
To ohboy007: thats the reason why i suggest everyone to start with a wizard first. Playing as a sorc (or a similar class) you really have to read all spells and their descriptions carefully before you choose anything. With no experience the chance is very big that you are messing with your spells.