I've tried this bad boy on a ranger build.
Taking three levels of CaveStalker grants you a bonus feat.
However, being ranger it becomes defined as a favored enemy feat and I am only able to pick from these particular feats.
Also shouldn't rangers have tumble or at least the CaveStalker have tumble?
Especially the CaveStalker, as it is part of his class abilities, namely: Advanced Spelunker and Expert Spelunker.
CaveStalker
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: CaveStalker
Let me repost this in QC. They can look at this.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: CaveStalker
Heya,
The Cavestalker and Ranger do not offer the tumble skill as a class skill. This is because they do not gain access to it in D&D and the class was considered pretty powerfull already. So we have seen no reason to add it so far.
Concerning the Cavestalker choosable bonus feats, these are the favoured enemy feats as well as Blind Fight. You would also get to choose these if you were a Cleric / Cavestalker for example.
From what you write it seems like its working as designed, although perhaps some information about the class was not accessible to you? (We should make the information easier to find?)

The Cavestalker and Ranger do not offer the tumble skill as a class skill. This is because they do not gain access to it in D&D and the class was considered pretty powerfull already. So we have seen no reason to add it so far.
Concerning the Cavestalker choosable bonus feats, these are the favoured enemy feats as well as Blind Fight. You would also get to choose these if you were a Cleric / Cavestalker for example.
From what you write it seems like its working as designed, although perhaps some information about the class was not accessible to you? (We should make the information easier to find?)
-
Proxomyte
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:58 am
Re: CaveStalker
I do know tumble is not granted per say to the class in DnD, but my reasoning was to the roleplay of the Cavestalker.
You are adept at moving across stony areas, basically every single "tumble-check" you would find within a cave. Hence they have balance, climb, swim for normal purposes, but they are all cramped into tumble in NWN2.
I didn't eloberate on this clearly enough for you to understand where I was coming from, so my bad.
It should be added to class description at least on the bonus feat part, but I'm quite convinced you have people doing this already.
You are adept at moving across stony areas, basically every single "tumble-check" you would find within a cave. Hence they have balance, climb, swim for normal purposes, but they are all cramped into tumble in NWN2.
I didn't eloberate on this clearly enough for you to understand where I was coming from, so my bad.
It should be added to class description at least on the bonus feat part, but I'm quite convinced you have people doing this already.