Making custom weapons

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

So I was working on the Khopesh and I figured I would try something different. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but I was like what the heck, let's just try.

So a Khopesh is basically a bronze sword from ancient Egypt. So I thought, let's make it look like it has really just been dug out of a tomb.

Let me know what you think, and if you rather have it nice, clean and shiny with pointy edges, just let me know. (ingame it will actually already look more shiny due to reflection, which it doesn't really have in my test level)

Here are some pics:


Image


Image


Image


Image
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Knightmare »

Damn, that looks nice so far.
[...] and if you rather have it nice, clean and shiny with pointy edges, just let me know.
Yes, please. We need a 21th century fantasy version of the ancient Egyptian weaponry ;)

It would look über if it was made a bit more sinister looking, in my opinion.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

So I think the khopesh looks a bit more vile and dangerous like this (and not only because of the huge Orc barbarian behind it).

I think I will keep this one as it is and make two more versions: a standard shiny elegant metal khopesh with some filter colors for the devs and a real over the top evil bastard version (on that one I will really go all in).



Image

Image

Image
dzidek1983
Posts: 1248
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Poland

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by dzidek1983 »

can i ask for 1 or 2 new shortbow appearances? we currently have like 4 and they are old as hell... maybe something assasin style.. they are mostly used by halflings and other short races...
Hey, I just lost it, And this is crazy, But here's my login, So PM me, maybe?
Aesir
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:57 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Aesir »

Hi people,

Just to let you know, last weeks I have been really busy with traveling, and currently I am having exams so I am rather preoccupied as you may understand. In the beginning of next week I will send the initial versions of the Khopesh to Luna, and a bit later I am expecting to start some new models again.

Aesir
mrieder79
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by mrieder79 »

Looks like a short sword or kukri to me. Maybe a kama?
Solarina
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:30 pm
Location: Under your bed and In Your head

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Solarina »

I know your busy in the near future but do you think you could pull off holdable flowers like nwn1 had?? 8-)
Romexus
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Romexus »

I know this topic is a bit older but are people still interested in new weapon designs? I am unsure what the process is for adding them into the game but I am willing to create new 3D models of weapons if you post pictures that I can use as a reference.
ragnarok1983
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: [troll/bot]

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by ragnarok1983 »

If you are taking requests, or need inspiration:

Lucerne Hammer - Essentially a warhammer on a 6-7' shaft. I would assume this model could fall under both the "halberd" and/or "Warhammer" catagories.
The hardest part is deciding between "Picking, poking, or smashing." Truly a paralyzing decision for the fighter in all of us.
Image

Swordcatcher - "Daggers/shortswords" Esp for a weapon that increases parry or grants disarm.
Image

Flamerberge Zweihander - A "greatsword." Place hands below first hilt for power, or choke-up to get some manueverability. These can be about the length of a man (and varies as widely as a human's hight... 4.5'-7', most >5' long)
Image
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington The Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
ragnarok1983
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: [troll/bot]

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by ragnarok1983 »

Bit off toipic, but with my (future) techsmith, I'm dying for some Gnomish Goggles.

And they already exist in the NWN2 Vault: ACME Assault & Hattery.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=352
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington The Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by ohboy007 »

Pretty good stuff. If you make me a whip you'll have a DM in your pocket!
Yes, we need whips! My Sabel would thank you for it!

Image
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
ragnarok1983
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
Location: [troll/bot]

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by ragnarok1983 »

And chains! Or weighted chains!

Yeah... that's a whole world of hurt with the animations though.

===== Disregard everything below this line =====

Heck, while we are making some harder/less-reasonable requests... I want my polearms to outrange your daggers... and the ability to back the heck up and stab you to death while you are unable to get inside... AoO'ing my way to victory!

And yes, you could do that. Unless you were backed up to a cliff in which case...

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGH! *splat*
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington The Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
ohboy007
Posts: 336
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by ohboy007 »

NWN 1 had whips!

Hehe, I remember that strip too. Good times, good times... backup, spring attack, OOA OOA ....splat! :twisted:
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria

Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)

"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."


Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)

"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
Romexus
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Romexus »

I have created a Lucerne Hammer modified from a spear. The only issue I am having now is trying to UVMap a rather odd blade and points. I may try out the dagger since its shape us much simpler and I am partial to daggers myself. Whips....I might have to dedicate some time to that. I may be able to port it from NwN using some tools and plugins but no guarantees. Is anyone familiar with the UV Unwrap process using within GMax?
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Making custom weapons

Unread post by Knightmare »

Can you perhaps make a Kopkesh model which looks even more brutal and sinister?
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”