Making custom weapons
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Atlas
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
-
-
Last edited by Atlas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
-
omnilicious
- Posts: 460
- Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:08 pm
Re: Making custom weapons


Greatswords with hand-holds beyond the hilt would be amazing.
Borbag Zirkus: Champion to a cause lost to others.
Rogal Steelfist: Unexpected for a dwarf? No.
Rogal Steelfist: Unexpected for a dwarf? No.
-
Romexus
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
I can create 3D models no problem. The trouble is making the skins associated with them. I myself am not much of an artist you see 
-
scriver
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
I disagree completely. One of the things I like best with NwN2 models is the (almost) lack of Liefeldian stuff pick that.Atlas wrote:
How I wish we had mauls... and armour and hair and facial hair that looked like this.
As for the maul... The War Hammers (more like War Mallets) and "War Maces" - as if there were any other kind of mace! - are bad enough. Mauls were only ever used as a last defense weapon when there was no other, more suitable, tools at hand. Mostly by archers who prikarily kept mauls to jam stakes into the ground (Such as in the notable Battle of Agincourt where longbowmen beat the shit out of the enemy knights and infantry with their mauls after having been engaged in melee).
-
Atlas
- Posts: 1289
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:00 pm
-
-
Last edited by Atlas on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character Profile and The Battles of Sir Amalric of Germont aka Sir Arkaine Halforken Link:
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=18827&p=836119#p836119
-
scriver
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
What you consider "heroic proportions" are just ridiculous porportions to me. I mean, look at his hands, they're bigger than his skull. His feet and let's are elephantine. He just barely looks human, it looks like a parody or a caricature.
As for "Liefeldian", here are forty reason it's bad.
As for "Liefeldian", here are forty reason it's bad.
-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
We already have the maul as a greatsword model, but it isn't used in game.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
Also, the first image in omnilicious' post looks brilliant. I'd love to see that model as well.
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
-
Romexus
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm
Re: Making custom weapons
ragnarok1983 wrote:If you are taking requests, or need inspiration:
Lucerne Hammer - Essentially a warhammer on a 6-7' shaft. I would assume this model could fall under both the "halberd" and/or "Warhammer" catagories.
The hardest part is deciding between "Picking, poking, or smashing." Truly a paralyzing decision for the fighter in all of us.
Swordcatcher - "Daggers/shortswords" Esp for a weapon that increases parry or grants disarm.
Flamerberge Zweihander - A "greatsword." Place hands below first hilt for power, or choke-up to get some manueverability. These can be about the length of a man (and varies as widely as a human's hight... 4.5'-7', most >5' long)
Wow adding items into NwN2 is a PAIN. This was the first item I was able to add into the toolset and it took several attempts. I believe I have the system down now and can create items faster (hopefully). Tel me what you think. Understand this is the first model I have done for this game and had some issues with UVMaps and textures.


I think I will try out the dagger now. If I start creating things people want, anyone know the process for adding it into the game?
-
ragnarok1983
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
- Location: [troll/bot]
Re: Making custom weapons
Awesome!
I would probably go hammer side.down (or put in both versions since it.is used both ways) But it looks great! Glad you are making the most of the challenges!
It looks more menacing spike side down.
I would probably go hammer side.down (or put in both versions since it.is used both ways) But it looks great! Glad you are making the most of the challenges!
It looks more menacing spike side down.
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric BarringtonThe Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington
-
Knightmare
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
- Location: One step ahead!
Re: Making custom weapons
Aesir, do you think it would be possible to create something along these staves?


When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius



