Morninglord Robe Feedback

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

Image
From in game

Image
From the toolset

Well... perhaps a bit more like a Sunmaster robe :lol:
Source wrote:Priestly Vestments: Priests of Lathander dress in bright long-sleeved robes of yellow, red, and pink. These are often called "sun robes." Those priests with their own temples have their robes trimmed with ornately crafted gold ribbons.
This colour combination can't be achieved in the Toolset simply by tinting these robes. Some things don't tint, and some things you simply don't want to tint. And, you can't get these sunny suns! This one has the normal maps edited as well on the suns.

-At first I thought the normal maps for the suns were a bit too drastic so I lowered them but may have to increase them a slight bit.
-The neckpiece with the pattern: need to change tone to slightly more golden.
-Sleeves ends are very bright, might be cause of the normal maps or the lightning.
-Pink colour tone not the one I was going for, the tone in the Toolset is closer to it.
-The leather belt across the shoulder shares textures with the inside of the collar and can't be changed too much.

Should be tested in other lightning conditions but I didn't feel like making a module with outside lights, indoor lights and whatnot at the moment.

I didn't look too much in to the tint file. When I change something there, other areas show up black. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to add all the tint layers myself? I didn't make a complete tint map as this is the only colour that I wanted but I suppose I could make one if its a must.


What's the opinion? Could this go in to the game? Or are your eyes bleeding from the view... :P
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Knightmare
Retired Staff
Posts: 1696
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am
Location: One step ahead!

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Knightmare »

I like it - definately "game worthy". :!:
When you light a candle, you cast a shadow too ~ Artemis
It's better to rule in hell than to serve in heaven ~ Xanthor
Your enemy's enemy is your friend ~ Tiberius
User avatar
LISA100595
Retired Staff
Posts: 5202
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by LISA100595 »

I Like it.. and Sion the Pink wizard would Love it too .. FABULOUS :)
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

Eh no pink please.

The colors of lathanderite shiz is : red , golden , white with golden hue.

I would go for white if you can make a white one :)
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

Thanks for the comments!

I'm in the process of changing the things I wasn't too happy with. I also made a tint map which seems to be working!

Elthan I chose pink after that source, not sure where they got their sources from but if you know where the clergy of Lathander is written in the lorebooks, please share. Pink was the image I got in my head when thinking of a Lathanderite priest, I understand not everyone shares the same image... :P I can def make a white one, and other colour combinations as well now with the tint map.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

Nomster wrote:Thanks for the comments!

I'm in the process of changing the things I wasn't too happy with. I also made a tint map which seems to be working!

Elthan I chose pink after that source, not sure where they got their sources from but if you know where the clergy of Lathander is written in the lorebooks, please share. Pink was the image I got in my head when thinking of a Lathanderite priest, I understand not everyone shares the same image... :P I can def make a white one, and other colour combinations as well now with the tint map.
http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/humang ... hander.htm
Priestly Vestments: Priests of Lathander dress in bright long-sleeved robes of yellow, red, and pink. These are often called "sun robes." Those priests with their own temples have their robes trimmed with ornately crafted gold ribbons. A sunburst headpiece, worn toward the back of the head to emulate a rising sun or radiant sunpeacock, completes the ceremonial garb. The ritual robes used at many rural shrines are simple cassocks with a color scheme by rank. Novices and postulants wear brown; adepts and underpriests wear russet and crimson. Senior priests wear scarlet, and subpriors and those of higher rank wear rose-red. The leader of the temple or shrine wears white. Holy symbols of Lathander are often made of painted wood, cut from rose quartz or similar minerals, or enchanted to radiate a dim, pink glow.

Adventuring Garb: Adventuring clerics usually wear more utilitarian garb, but prefer reds and yellows, to the point of tinting their armor those shades. Most priests of Lathander favor chain mail, and often the only obvious mark of Lathander they bear is a rose-red circle on their shields and helm brows.
Welp i guess on the robes pink is alright though it isn't the dominant color.
Pink light enchants is lore friendly as well.

But the dominant color in TLDR:

Robes : brown , crimson and russet , white (rank)
Armor: Shiny steel with red ,yellow ,golden overtones on shield , helm and chest armor.

(confirmed from faithes and avatars)


TLDR of my post : More colors other than fabulous please. :P
scriver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by scriver »

If it's lore correct, definitely keep the pink.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Nomster »

Elthan wrote:TLDR of my post : More colors other than fabulous please. :P
:lol: Love how you worded it. I didn't look in Faiths & Avatars, somehow overlooked it, so thank you!


Image

Image


I created a tint map! :D This means that the robe can easily be recoloured. I think the white one looks quite epic - can't really mess up with white. Thing is when you view these in the Toolset and then view them in the game the colours are not the same. Getting an exact tone is frustrating. Still not happy with the pink tone... Unsure about the red & yellow. What do you think? This is a speciality robe so it wouldn't make sense to add a ton of colours but I tried to show what it can look like with the other colours.

Image


For comparison; in the Toolset you can change the colour of two areas; green and blue - these are the tints. In the original... if you wanted to change the colour of the shoulder thingies to green, all the leather things would turn green as well. The rims, sleeve ends etc, are not changeable at all. I pretty much moved around all that and added colour for the dull parts. The suns could easily be removed and the re-mapped version replace the original one if anyone would want that.

Not sure why it shines so much on that comparison. I'll have to check IG if its only a Toolset thing. IG the robe actually shines less than in the first image in the first post.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

scriver wrote:If it's lore correct, definitely keep the pink.
Image
scriver
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by scriver »

Elthan, that's not trolling. That's an opinion. And really, if you actually thought I was one, I don't see what point posting a picture calling me one could possibly have. If I was a troll, it would just serve to gratify me, and if I'm not - which is the case (and I haven't "trolled" anyone in any single one if my 400 posts) - it just makes me feel offended and dissed. So really, tell me, what were you hoping to achieve?

And finally. There is nothing wrong with the colour pink. It's not "fabulous" or "gay" unless you (general "you", as in everbody as a whole) make it so. I don't know if that is the problem, but if it is, just remember that this is a game where every other character is running around and sticking oversized phallic symbols into others ;)
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

scriver wrote:Elthan, that's not trolling. That's an opinion. And really, if you actually thought I was one, I don't see what point posting a picture calling me one could possibly have. If I was a troll, it would just serve to gratify me, and if I'm not - which is the case (and I haven't "trolled" anyone in any single one if my 400 posts) - it just makes me feel offended and dissed. So really, tell me, what were you hoping to achieve?

And finally. There is nothing wrong with the colour pink. It's not "fabulous" or "gay" unless you (general "you", as in everbody as a whole) make it so. I don't know if that is the problem, but if it is, just remember that this is a game where every other character is running around and sticking oversized phallic symbols into others ;)
The color is halfly mentioned in one sentence and then not at all when in particularly regarding the clothings it was not. i'd actually say it's not lore accurate..

But hey go for it bro - Pink hat , pink robes and pink shoes.
Elthan
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Elthan »

Nomster wrote:
Elthan wrote:TLDR of my post : More colors other than fabulous please. :P
:lol: Love how you worded it. I didn't look in Faiths & Avatars, somehow overlooked it, so thank you!





I created a tint map! :D This means that the robe can easily be recoloured. I think the white one looks quite epic - can't really mess up with white. Thing is when you view these in the Toolset and then view them in the game the colours are not the same. Getting an exact tone is frustrating. Still not happy with the pink tone... Unsure about the red & yellow. What do you think? This is a speciality robe so it wouldn't make sense to add a ton of colours but I tried to show what it can look like with the other colours.


For comparison; in the Toolset you can change the colour of two areas; green and blue - these are the tints. In the original... if you wanted to change the colour of the shoulder thingies to green, all the leather things would turn green as well. The rims, sleeve ends etc, are not changeable at all. I pretty much moved around all that and added colour for the dull parts. The suns could easily be removed and the re-mapped version replace the original one if anyone would want that.

Not sure why it shines so much on that comparison. I'll have to check IG if its only a Toolset thing. IG the robe actually shines less than in the first image in the first post.
I really love the crimson one in the middle.

That is awesome work i must say - it definitely needs a spot on the server (all tints for all people fabulous or not)
DM_Xzar
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 am
Location: "Sword Coast Cartographers' Guild HQ"

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by DM_Xzar »

Nicely done! The robe looks really nice, Nomster.
Retired DM
BGTSCC's Official Lore Curator
click here for the Atlas of the Sword Coast (with maps!)
User avatar
gjallahorn
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by gjallahorn »

Looks great :D

*ponders* is it possible to..make something with the robe-look from belt down...and breastplate look from belt up?..would be a pretty awesome cleric-suit.
Fenia Hastalion, Ranger and Bardess of Mystra
Tonia Gelven, Warriorbardess of Corellion Dead
Azmodeth
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
Location: Montreal

Re: Morninglord Robe Feedback

Unread post by Azmodeth »

Impressive, Im game to see them IG..
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”