I don't know how domains work when your cleric decides to switch gods... but I was wondering if it was possible to be a devout to Helm and take the domains Healing/Law.
I wanted my character to be a protection Martyr and would do Ilmater, but I just love Helm so much more. I was wondering if I could get approval for this? Even if I need to create an RP back-story for a god change.
Storm - The Blade Flurry Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
I'm afraid you have to pick one or or the other. Whether you choose Helm or Ilmater, you have to take the approved domains of your deity in order to have a legal character. Domains represent areas of influence that your god has power over, and through his or her power in that field, he or she can grant your character special abilities and spells related to it.
Domains aren't personal powers. They can't be swapped out to maximize a build, or kept after you lose the favor of your god. They're god-given powers, after all. And the god you worship will only grant you powers that help you manifest that god's dogma and belief structure.
You could still play a martyr-like Helmite who defends others at a cost to himself, with little care for his own injuries or discomforts, but you will have to figure out how to do that without illegal domains.
The DMs are notified if you log in with illegal domains, and we will make you reroll the character, even if they're level 10, 11, 12 before we catch it.
sorry maecius I already made him. I can switch the dirty at the nexus correct?
Storm - The Blade Flurry Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
Related: If a character converts to another god and needs to change Domains, is there any way to change them ingame or do you have to RCR the character?
scriver wrote:Related: If a character converts to another god and needs to change Domains, is there any way to change them ingame or do you have to RCR the character?
In such a situation, you would unfortunately have to RCR. It could be explained, in RP, that learning the rites and prayers of the new god takes time; and you are not as adept at it as you were with your former patron.
Note that changing deities a lot is a bad thing in Faerunian lore.