Items lost

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Alaithus
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:15 pm

Items lost

Unread post by Alaithus »

Hello, I'm new to this server (just started a few days ago, nice to meet you all). Just a quick problem/question, I talked to a DM in game and was told it would be better to post the problem here. I was RPing at the Friendly Arm Inn last night and had made two barter transactions with the two people I was RPing with (the Anatox brothers), one was for a sum of gold, and the other was for boots. Very shortly afterwards the server crashed and when I logged back on I was missing both things, and they hadn't reverted back to their original owner either. I don't have a screen shot with the items as I wasn't expecting the server to crash nor did I expect the items to disappear, and taking a screen shot afterwards wouldn't have really shown anything but my inventory without said items :D. I'm sure the players who play the Anatox brothers would be able to corroborate the occurence though (if that makes any difference). Anyways either way thank you for your time it's much appreciated.
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Items lost

Unread post by Maecius »

Hi Alaithus!

I hope you are enjoying your time on BG:TSCC so far. I'm sorry that you had a bug like this occur, but I'm afraid there's not very much we can do about it, ourselves. Without some sort of proof that the exchange happened, our hands are tied.

We advise players to take screenshots of the stats of all of their important items, so that if they are ever lost we have evidence that they were in their possession. We also ask that they take a screenshot of their losing the item (it will usually notify you in your combat log); so that we know it was actually lost.

Sometimes the latter cannot be done (for instance, in a situation like this, where the server actually crashed). And then we're even more stuck, most of the time, unless Luna can restore the character (for a barter situation, that probably wouldn't help though). In those cases, there's really nothing we can do, but hope you get new gear soon.
User avatar
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor
Posts: 6603
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: VIKING NORWAY!

Re: Items lost

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

Good idea is to always click Save Character on the PC Tools after doing a transaction or looting something nice. It saves your XP and inventory, but not your location.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

Return to “Questions for DMs”