Swiftblade Class

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Fade
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Swiftblade Class

Unread post by Fade »

I would really like to play a swiftblade gish but I'm unsure if the class is application only or outright banned. I feel that as a class it has alot of potential for RP.

I'm particularly interested in playing her as someone who has lost 'perception of time' through continued use of the haste spell. As such she speaks very quickly when hasted and when unhasted speaks really slowly, moves strange and appears drunk/intoxicated. The character herself is utterly unaware of these issues. Talking in the wrong tense and mistaking time periods - She may say "hey, <name> I haven't seen you for months! whats been happening? "
to someone she spoke to just hours ago or the inverse. Or may refer to events that happened months ago as it was yesterday.

She would be happy go lucky chaotic good, somewhat ditzy. The type of character who would be loved by others and always interesting to encounter. I think it would be something a bit different ( somewhat like Teris the insane fire gensai ) with a good amount of high quality RP potential

I would love if I could get some clarification on this and would be willing to flesh it out with :

A solid bio

Flesh out the roleplaying possibilities rarther than an extremely brief overview

A character sheet if there are powerbuilding concerns ( or possibly play by a sheet you give me! ) Though I don't think there will be any, I doubt the build comes anywhere near the power of FS/BG or similar.

Please let me know and I'll get to work on it, I wanted check before I invest alot of time in this.

Many thanks
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Swiftblade Class

Unread post by Maecius »

Swiftblade does not currently exist as a PRC on BG:TSCC. I believe it was felt that this class was overpowered the last time it was reviewed.
Fade
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:04 pm

Re: Swiftblade Class

Unread post by Fade »

Would it be possible to have this class up for review or possibly made application only?

Personally I believe even if it is used for extreme powerbuilds then it won't come close to the power of EDM favoured souls etc. It is an arcane gish resulting in either lost CL or lower BAB as it is unable to simply cast 'divine power' and have full BAB progression with high CL, it also misses out on the healing/regenerative spells and suffers from ASF. Though I may be wrong as I'm not a huge minmaxer.

If not I can forget the character concept but please consider it.

Thanks for your time
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Swiftblade Class

Unread post by Passiflora »

Nothing prevents you from playing the same character concept, but by using other classes, rogueish and mageish mixed classes.
Go home and be a familly cat!

Return to “Questions for DMs”