Does Epic Gate allow the caster to intrude the plane of an entity that denied their access?
Or is it an Epic spell for another IC reason?
What is the IC difference between Epic Gate and normal Gate?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Hoihe
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm
What is the IC difference between Epic Gate and normal Gate?
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
-
DM Arkanis
- Posts: 825
- Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:31 am
Re: What is the IC difference between Epic Gate and normal G
"This spell opens a portal to the Lower Planes and calls forth a Balor to assail your foes. If it is slain, a second one is immediately summoned in its place. The strength of this conjuration is such that the demons are bound to your will, and you need not have cast Protection from Evil, or any similar spell, to prevent them from attacking you."
This was the definition that I could find. From my IC and IG interpretation of it were I running a PnP campaign, I would say that it summons a Balor but not one to whom I had been denied access to for magical or other reasons. If I had summoned another Balor and somehow had been denied access to it, it simply would simply summon another one.
With respect to it being Epic again my interpretation would be that it is Epic because the level of the caster would need to be high enough to have learned this level of sophisticated magic (i.e. 20th lv or above) It also is put into a special category of "Epic" feats rather than spells due to the nature of the magic. I'm open for discussion though
I find sometimes the symantics of NWN2 differ somewhat from the subtle adjudications of a PnP Dm ruling; sometimes things "just are" in the electronic version.
Ark
This was the definition that I could find. From my IC and IG interpretation of it were I running a PnP campaign, I would say that it summons a Balor but not one to whom I had been denied access to for magical or other reasons. If I had summoned another Balor and somehow had been denied access to it, it simply would simply summon another one.
With respect to it being Epic again my interpretation would be that it is Epic because the level of the caster would need to be high enough to have learned this level of sophisticated magic (i.e. 20th lv or above) It also is put into a special category of "Epic" feats rather than spells due to the nature of the magic. I'm open for discussion though
Ark