Hi - I recently got back in to NWN2 and discovered this persistent world a week ago or so, and I am loving it!
However, I am very confused when it comes to the crafting skills - is there any reason to put point into them? I have been putting points into craft alchemy as I plan on taking some levels in Assassin and was hoping to make my own poisons. However, I have yet to see any vendors who sell the mortal & pestle or any alchemy crafting tables.
Is there any use at all for these skill points or have I wasted them? I have done searches for crafting on the BGSCC wiki and forums and have yet to come up with a clear Yes or No answer. Could someone either explain how crafting works or point me in the direction of some information on crafting in this PW?
I just want to know now before I gain any more levels if I will need to remake my character to get those skill points back or if I should keep them...
Thanks!
Crafting question
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Nomster
- Posts: 1941
- Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm
Re: Crafting question
Crafting isn't implemented here. You can still place points in the crafting skills for RP reasons.
The only form of crafting that exists is collecting beetle shells and spider mandibles, place them in a crafting station (found at Maltz's in BG and near the merchant in FAI), cast any spell on it (you can buy a crafting station wand if you're not a spellcasting class) and they will either turn into potions or gold.
If you're interested in using poisons, consider the Use Poison feat which enables you to extend the duration and not poison yourself. Poisons can be bought at a few merchants but generally the ones worth using are found.
The only form of crafting that exists is collecting beetle shells and spider mandibles, place them in a crafting station (found at Maltz's in BG and near the merchant in FAI), cast any spell on it (you can buy a crafting station wand if you're not a spellcasting class) and they will either turn into potions or gold.
If you're interested in using poisons, consider the Use Poison feat which enables you to extend the duration and not poison yourself. Poisons can be bought at a few merchants but generally the ones worth using are found.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
-
Hoihe
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm
Re: Crafting question
There also are "pickables", which can be considered pseudo-crafting.
Just look around for various items that can be highlighted and used in the world.
You need either Craft Alchemy (making Alchemist's Fire potions, getting a stone root), or Survival (Healing leaves, mind-altering leaves, mushrooms.)
Just look around for various items that can be highlighted and used in the world.
You need either Craft Alchemy (making Alchemist's Fire potions, getting a stone root), or Survival (Healing leaves, mind-altering leaves, mushrooms.)
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and memories without fail - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
-
akselas
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 pm
Re: Crafting question
Ok thanks for the advice, looks like a remake is in order. Glad I caught this before I leveled any higher...
-
vegecannibal
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:47 am
Re: Crafting question
So, there is nowhere the buy bone wands or magic potion bottles? *glances at his Craft Alchemy feat sadly*
what a shame :/
oh well, going Tech-smith of Gond anyway
what a shame :/
oh well, going Tech-smith of Gond anyway
Believe it or not, my name doesn't actually mean anything.