I take it from past experience that muling is permitted on this server as a least-worst option in the face of no player storage options.
What's the ruling on mules with OOC names? My mule's name is horrendously OOC, being "Misty's Magic Bag", as I've seen several others with joke names and supposed it to be fine.
Just to clarify, the mule in question never leaves the Nexus.
However, I received a rather blunt tell earlier from a player who took offence at the OOC nature of the name and thought it should be a bannable offence to have such a name. As far as I'm aware, it is not, but I just wanted to confirm whether I need to delete said mule and replace it with one with a less silly name?
Thanks for the confirmation!
Muling
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Muling
I think the DM's decided you still have to have a normal name.
So like the one you choose or something like "bag of holding" is not ok.
You can be Fritz Strongback!
Come up with something creative....
So like the one you choose or something like "bag of holding" is not ok.
You can be Fritz Strongback!
Come up with something creative....
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
-
Azmodeth
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
- Location: Montreal
Re: Muling
I have 1 toon for muling, and I do it IC as him being a broker for the guild im in, and when he logs on, he always has more business then just switching items over, he goes out, does trades, awards items from guilds stock, and delivers small messages. Then largely disappears, only being known as Adrias, a wind genasi who works for the Trillium and Azmodeth as a broker.
so, why not a mule with a backstory. Two birds one stone. your own creativity will reward itself in however you do it, and maybe even have some extra immersion and fun for others - but then you also can not mule things over in the Nexus then, as its IC, that's the draw back.
(though I've done it in the Nexus, only when RCRing though, as its OOC strictly)
Anyways, I've had a lot of fun doing it this way, though you can change the story for the mule however you like, whatever is appropriate. I'm just not comfortable having a mule that is strictly a mule.. and maybe others feel the same way.
so, why not a mule with a backstory. Two birds one stone. your own creativity will reward itself in however you do it, and maybe even have some extra immersion and fun for others - but then you also can not mule things over in the Nexus then, as its IC, that's the draw back.
(though I've done it in the Nexus, only when RCRing though, as its OOC strictly)
Anyways, I've had a lot of fun doing it this way, though you can change the story for the mule however you like, whatever is appropriate. I'm just not comfortable having a mule that is strictly a mule.. and maybe others feel the same way.
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
-
Lockonnow
- Posts: 3122
- Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm
Re: Muling
or Mist Stongholdingbag if is a woman
-
AC81
- Posts: 934
- Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:58 am
Re: Muling
I've got Ferris Mueller 
Draviir - Luskanite mercenary and trader of exquisite goods.
Quinath Nar - Monastic warrior from Waterdeep
Quinath Nar - Monastic warrior from Waterdeep
-
ragnarok1983
- Posts: 551
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:24 pm
- Location: [troll/bot]
Re: Muling
Patty O'Myule here
Paws "Paws rode a dragon once! Uhm. Scales are... uncomfortable. Learned value of saddle, yep-yep."
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric BarringtonThe Politician (Died of starvation after a long torturous existence following him losing his career)
Leo Hammersmitty Techsmith. Whhhhrrrzpt!
Baldric Barrington
-
Tempist
- Posts: 420
- Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm
Re: Muling
I do not think there is a overt ruling on naming yet as I have heard some people with fun/OOC names have been told to rename their mule, while others with OOC name have requested and been denied a renaming.
You have several PC merchants or traders with multiple mules with names the directly reflect what the mule carries.
You have several PC merchants or traders with multiple mules with names the directly reflect what the mule carries.
"Remember - You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter"
-
Chexss
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:33 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Muling
Is she strong?Passiflora wrote:My own mule is a Half-orc named Ulga Strongback.