Question: is the information in the DM reports considered common knowledge? I know this question was asked a couple weeks ago, and I think the answer was 'no, it's meta,' but with the addition of a few new DMs, I wanted to clarify.
Specifically, DM Foresight's reports seem to read like something I would see on the evening news (which, don't get me wrong, I LOVE! Keep up the great work, Foresight!) I just want to clarify if I can act on these reports as common knowledge and rumor, as opposed to meta-knowledge. The question of the carrot bandit's henchmen using crossbows came up in conversation with some other players yesterday, and we weren't sure if we could reasonably stock up on Prot Arrow scrolls, because this information came from a DM report, which reads like something I would overhear at a bar, as opposed to a report of an actual event.
What's the consensus? And if the answer is no, PLEASE keep posting things like this in the Rumors section, Foresight - I'd much rather hear things like this that I can play around, rather than reports of things I missed out on.
-Ichabod
DM Reports
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Maecius
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 11639
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Re: DM Reports
DM writeups in the DM forums are always considered OOC. They're meant to inform and entertain the players, not their characters.
If a DM wants their event's events to become common knowledge, they will post about it to the Elfsong forum -- often in one of the "DM rumors" threads.
If a DM wants their event's events to become common knowledge, they will post about it to the Elfsong forum -- often in one of the "DM rumors" threads.
r e s o u r c e s :
- BG:TSCC Wiki
- Community News
- Server Rules and Information
- Supporting BG:TSCC-
DMogorgon
- Posts: 2528
- Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm
Re: DM Reports
In my case at least, DM writeups - at least for this year to date - can be considered IC common knowledge. They are essentially what players can discover from local rumors, including names - or at least descriptions - of participants ((evil and intrigue RP events never list participants))... If you wish to discover the details... inquire with those involved.