Regarding the Thaumaturge class

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Considerate_
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Regarding the Thaumaturge class

Unread post by Considerate_ »

At level 3 of the Thaumaturge class, you get an ability called "Extended Summoning", does this work with Gate and Epic Gate?


I'm not quite sure I understand the Contingent Summoning description either. It says that "he gain the spell like ability to use the highest memorized summoning spell once per day as a spell like ability. If no summoning spell was memorized the ability doesn't work."

Does this mean that if I memorise a Summon monster IV as my highest, I'll get a spell like ability called by the same name, but it's not subject to concentration failure if I get struck while trying to use it? What happens when I use the spell like ability, does the memorized spell vanish and vice versa?


Looks like a very interesting class! :)
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: Regarding the Thaumaturge class

Unread post by Rasael »

The in-game descriptions still needs some updating:

-Contingent Summoning uses the Summoning and Planar Ally / Binding Spells
-It only requires knowing a summoning spell, not memorizing it.
-Extended Summoning affects all summoning spells, including all Gates.
-You can still use metamagic to extend a spell extended via Extended Summoning, so long as you have spell slots for this. Not level 9 or epic spells for this reason.

The BGTSCC wiki's description for this class is up to date to my knowledge :)

Return to “Questions for DMs”