Im trying to design some armor for my Paladin Katarina but I cant seem to find nearly half of the chest armor appearances ive seen in the game for full plate armor. Where do I find them so I can have some fun designing the armor with more than 3 options for the chest piece?
Step by step would be appreciated.
Designing Armor
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
RedDawgRavenWolf
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Designing Armor
Lady Katarina of Tyr, Order of the Radiant Heart former squire to Sir Jonas
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
-
Azmodeth
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
- Location: Montreal
Re: Designing Armor
you mean the custom files that are in BG ?
they're in special HAK files.. (zip files for nwn2) you will need nwn unpacker..
to unpack them and look around. the ones your looking for are probably not the ones in nwnmaterials folder... which are the ones you see, 2-3 variations, very generic/classic form the OC.
however, what exactly are you looking for, maybe I can help create something from scratch or find you the look you like. If not, maybe others can too...
they're in special HAK files.. (zip files for nwn2) you will need nwn unpacker..
to unpack them and look around. the ones your looking for are probably not the ones in nwnmaterials folder... which are the ones you see, 2-3 variations, very generic/classic form the OC.
however, what exactly are you looking for, maybe I can help create something from scratch or find you the look you like. If not, maybe others can too...
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
-
Blame The Rogue
- Posts: 653
- Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:10 am
Re: Designing Armor
are the armor haks also in jeg's? if so, you can open up jeg's mod with the toolset and create the appearance from there
"Before you die, you should know why you lived."
-
RedDawgRavenWolf
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Re: Designing Armor
Have you seen Katarinas armor in game? the stomach piece is very ornate. Im looking for something ornate and detailed almost elven looking in nature with a gleaming silvery main body and then the ornate pieces to be in a different colour. Id know it when I saw it which is why I wanted to do it myself and then export the look and maybe have it put in the game for me.
Lady Katarina of Tyr, Order of the Radiant Heart former squire to Sir Jonas
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
-
RedDawgRavenWolf
- Posts: 104
- Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:19 pm
Re: Designing Armor
Basically if you could tell me how to get the armors we have in the hakpacks into the toolset so I can mess around with them that would be great.
Lady Katarina of Tyr, Order of the Radiant Heart former squire to Sir Jonas
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
Thulgar Shieldbreaker, Kraak Helzak
-
Azmodeth
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
- Location: Montreal
Re: Designing Armor
•hak folder- This is where hak files should be located for modules that use them to be able to find them. Hak Files are libraries of content used to override or extend the game and include custom content.
Basically, in your my documents folder you should see a folder that says hak..
inside might be a folder that says BGTSSC and inside it whole bunch of hak files
those hak files have the BGTSSC specific content. The stuff in apt changer only has UTI's pointing to the other files in other haks...
you will need to google, and download nwnpacker from the vault.
when you have that, you just drag a hak over (or is it import ?) and you can view the contents, and export everything you select or the whole contents, to wherever..
it might take some tinkering and playing around shuffling through stuff to find what your looking for..
you might be able to simply also load all the haks into a custom module and fish around that way, but then you wouldn't know where the file your looking for is, though you could look at the properties info page to see the string objects that are pointed too...
I don't have BGTSSC stuff downloaded on my pc Im using atm, if I did, i'd just take screenshots and help you step by step... maybe I can help you along the way more specifically once you locate the haks your looking for and / if you need help from there ?
I hope that helps, sorry if my help is vague . . . for the next week or so I don't have nwn2 or BGTSSC installed..
Basically, in your my documents folder you should see a folder that says hak..
inside might be a folder that says BGTSSC and inside it whole bunch of hak files
those hak files have the BGTSSC specific content. The stuff in apt changer only has UTI's pointing to the other files in other haks...
you will need to google, and download nwnpacker from the vault.
when you have that, you just drag a hak over (or is it import ?) and you can view the contents, and export everything you select or the whole contents, to wherever..
it might take some tinkering and playing around shuffling through stuff to find what your looking for..
you might be able to simply also load all the haks into a custom module and fish around that way, but then you wouldn't know where the file your looking for is, though you could look at the properties info page to see the string objects that are pointed too...
I don't have BGTSSC stuff downloaded on my pc Im using atm, if I did, i'd just take screenshots and help you step by step... maybe I can help you along the way more specifically once you locate the haks your looking for and / if you need help from there ?
I hope that helps, sorry if my help is vague . . . for the next week or so I don't have nwn2 or BGTSSC installed..
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
-
Azmodeth
- Posts: 350
- Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
- Location: Montreal
Re: Designing Armor
was this issue resolved ? Did you need anymore help ?
PM me if so I guess...
PM me if so I guess...
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30