Fascination with Skullport

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Cubicle »

Hello. Due to some downtime, I felt like dabbling with the Toolset. This area outline is 32 x 32 and it took me about an hour to make. This is not an attempt to create an actual zone, but a personal test for myself. Practice for the most part. Anyways, after seeing the overall overlapping mountainous design for Skull Port, I figured I'd just mess around.
Hidden: show
Image
Hidden: show
Image
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Skullport

Since this is interior, I couldn't simply raise the earth up as you could for an exterior, so I threw in some hills. I'm no pro, so this is only a rough creation in an attempt to spread my fascination with Skullport.

Come on everyone, chant with me! Skullport, Skullport!
User avatar
Lockonnow
Posts: 3121
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Lockonnow »

well you know there is a server call Skullport well it is a Waterdeep server well lets us all prayer
Eclypticon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Eclypticon »

Now Mephistopheles, about that soul you asked for. . .
Azmodeth
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:12 am
Location: Montreal

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Azmodeth »

nice work Cubicle.... you feeling up to the challenge of making skullport ?

Wasn't there something to make exterior area's sky's look like interiors ?

Think I read it somewhere long ago.... I don't have much to contribute to interior area building myself, but thought maybe that was worth mentioning, if it means anything.

If I recall it needed a new picture imported for the sky and / or fixing of some clock thingy/weather daylight thing...


Is there anything that combines interior and exterior meshes ?
Azmodeth - Retired Frostmage, Abandoned all she had and left without warning.

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... g&start=30
User avatar
Cubicle
Retired Staff
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:44 am

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Cubicle »

Believe me when I say I thought about it, Azmodeth..and i'm still thinking about it. But, due to my lack of experience I will need to dabble some more before I can actually say I'd take this challenge. If the builders have no future plans on creating it then maybe I'll give it a shot. :P No promises though.

That interior to exterior ceiling mod sounds awesome, I'll have to look that one up. It would open so many new possibilities.

And Lock.. How did you know!? *Jams to the music*
Storm Munin
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 am
Location: Sweden, Alfheimar expat

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Storm Munin »

Just dont forget the Promenade... :mrgreen:
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.

PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
Servin
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Fascination with Skullport

Unread post by Servin »

F***(ish) YEAH!
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”