Daggerspell Mages

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Ricastle
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Daggerspell Mages

Unread post by Ricastle »

Hey BGTSCC land!!. First post. I'm kind of stuck here. I had a conversation with a druid PC of importance in game and he told me OOCly that "druids would never train arcane wizards". We had a bit of a debate through tells where I quoted complete adventurer page 31, which clearly states that daggerspell mages train side by side with daggerspell shapers deep within the forest. I am beyond frustrated because I have no idea how I'm supposed to roleplay as a daggerspell mage nor how I would roleplay how I received training. This also leaves a roadblock in my background story, I am uncertain how I would get around it at present. I'm not saying I cannot think of something, but I'll likely need some help.

Thanks


--Kestiel.

Addendum:

I did receive some good natured grief about druids and wizards living together in harmony. I am a veteran of the original dungeons and dragons game series so I do know that druids distrust pretty much everyone outside of their own grove and moreso arcane magic. However, the literature does clearly state there are exceptions to the rule. There are exceptions and errata to pretty much everything over the years. My only wish here is to get a ruling on how daggerspell mages learn their abilities. Whatever is decided in this campaign setting, adding errata to the class description would be helpful for players and DM's to cite in the future.
Last edited by Ricastle on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felicienne Ta'Igris “Give not thyself up, then, to fire, lest it invert thee, deaden thee, as for the time it did me. There is a wisdom that is woe; but there is a woe that is madness.”

Madryk Crownshield: 'alf-orc, ye faater be cryin loike an old woman rioght before I gutted im
User avatar
Deathgrowl
Recognized Donor
Posts: 6603
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Location: VIKING NORWAY!

Re: Daggerspell Mages

Unread post by Deathgrowl »

Training in the forest doesn't mean a druid is training you. Daggerspell mages are arcane casters, while druids are divine casters. They have little in common.

Doesn't mean a druid can't teach a daggerspell mage about nature. And druids can certainly be both druid and mage (just look at Deacon!). But a pure druid cannot teach arcane magic any better than a fighter or rogue could.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep

Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna

Return to “Questions for DMs”