Dungeon sharing

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Lokki
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Dungeon sharing

Unread post by Lokki »

I'm a new player to the server and have run into my first misunderstanding of the rules with another player. I would like a little clarification on them specifically the section on dungeons and loot.
DM Novus wrote:Players may not use invisibility, stealth, or any other means of avoiding detection in order to loot chests and drops in a dungeon already occupied by anyone else. It is the responsibility of the hidden looter to ensure they do not jump ahead of others working their way through a dungeon. Dungeons may extend through several maps, and would include the entire collection of maps with a similar theme and creatures.
I entered a dungeon that was occupied and upon seeing the person grinding. I waved and moved on past them. I respectfully left all their kills alone, and any rooms they cleared or started to clear I did not enter to loot. I killed small groups as I went through and eventually I ended up having a very tough fight with the dungeon boss. At which point the other player entered and promptly killed me.

He went on to explain to me very angrily that the server rules say I have no right to anything in the dungeon because he was there first, including all chest, enemies and boss kills. He also expressed disinterest in teaming up. I ended up just leaving because I wanted to recheck the rules myself to be sure, and I didn't want to be a jerk assuming I was incorrect. But it seems like we are allowed to be in the same dungeon as each other as long as we are not stealth looting, and basically stealing the reward for another persons hard work which is what I thought.

I've been in dungeons with whole other groups before and it's never come up beyond a "Hello" or "Do you guys want to team up?" so I was not prepared for this altercation. My main question is there are to my knowledge only 3 dungeons in my level range, and someone is in all of them at some point, the nature of a small world I assumed. Do I simply stay outside them until the person inside is finished? I just need a bit of clarification on the rules regarding multiple parties in a single dungeon.

Thanks guys.
Last edited by Lokki on Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM_Xzar
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1332
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:22 am
Location: "Sword Coast Cartographers' Guild HQ"

Re: Dungeon sharing

Unread post by DM_Xzar »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will contact you via PM.
Retired DM
BGTSCC's Official Lore Curator
click here for the Atlas of the Sword Coast (with maps!)
killhappyfool
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 am

Re: Dungeon sharing

Unread post by killhappyfool »

When the DM Staff has some manner of "ruling" on this it would be nice to know, that way I (and other players) can prepare for others in dungeons. (Kobolds comes to mind in terms of multiple people) I personally rarely have a problem including someone in a dungeon (sometimes I ignore RP for the sake of fun, more often during non peak hours) if they don't mind Loot sharing. See: One loot gatherer, all sell.

Thank you In advance.
User avatar
Empoweredfan
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 am

Re: Dungeon sharing

Unread post by Empoweredfan »

I can't see anyone fighting monsters in a dungeon, spotting another none monster race fighting a particular tough looking monster deciding to kill said enemy of his enemies unless the person in question was a violent sociopath. I'd call what you describe as a 'concealed' murder. Server rules or not, there are laws in the realms, and breaking them should have consequences.
Nawiel: Stubborn woodpecker from the deep.
- "Responsibility is a curse, importance, an illusion."


Deleniel Vanaer: Wood Elven Sor. . . cook.

If you put your foot in your mouth. . . don't start walking. . .

Return to “Questions for DMs”