The curses, whimpered pleas or gurgling protests can be heard from across Faerun.
It does not matter whether it is the feast halls of westgate, a throne hall in the underdark, a slaver train crossing the Amnian desert or a simple common farmer's ox.
They all witness the various displays of dismay as improvised substitutes are put to use.
For the love of <insert name of deity>, bring us the whip!
Is it at all possible?
Whips?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Storm Munin
- Posts: 1355
- Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 am
- Location: Sweden, Alfheimar expat
Whips?
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.
PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.
PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Whips?
I wish. There are no models.
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Re: Whips?
I take it it's a yes, though somebody needs to model one?
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
-
Eclypticon
- Posts: 1009
- Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
- Location: USA
Re: Whips?
I know it pretty impossible to make the right animations of a whip, but couldn't we base something off the flail model to at least giving whips something? I know I wouldn't mind playing a cleric of Loviatar.
-
Servin
- Posts: 428
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
- Location: UK
Re: Whips?
Is there no way to extract those from NWN 1?
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Whips?
I was thinking about long range flails too. I've yet to try to the concept but in theory it'd be easy. Though it would not look like much visually I am guessing.
Perhaps if someone lengthened the flail model / chain one a single model, we could try how that looks. If it works we could add a few models and gradually expand. But better start with only one to see if it'll work.
Perhaps if someone lengthened the flail model / chain one a single model, we could try how that looks. If it works we could add a few models and gradually expand. But better start with only one to see if it'll work.