Booted in login

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Dsmoak1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 am

Booted in login

Unread post by Dsmoak1 »

I loaded nwn2 on an oldcomp my buddy gave me and he had nwn2 on steam on same comp, Im not sure what happened but my account name is Dsmoak1, please help!!
DM Mouse
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: Booted in login

Unread post by DM Mouse »

Did he also give you the Steam account? I'm not sure immediately what the issue is, but finding solutions begins with simple questions (like is the power turned on).
DM Mouse
Please be sure you are up to date with Server Rules & Information (updated Aug. 25th, 2014), these also apply to the forums!
Of particular interest are the Forum Rules which everyone posting here must know.
User avatar
broham1
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:32 pm
Location: Yo momma's house!

Re: Booted in login

Unread post by broham1 »

When you loaded the game it probably searched for duplicate files and just took what it needed. That includes the CD key file. Just go into the program files and delete the old cd key and enter the new one.

That worked for me when I needed to reload the game.
~Veni Vidi Vici~
Formerly known as DM_Unstable

Sir Dallenthel Wyndsoul - "Tolerance is Treason!"
Dsmoak1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Booted in login

Unread post by Dsmoak1 »

Well he had NWN2 on steam on his new comp and we tried to log in and play together, I think what happened was that when I loaded NWN on this comp, and he already had it on steam on this comp and I updated the game, it crossed the CD keys or something. I have been on this server for a few years now and have even reported a bug or two, is there anyway I can get a new CD key if erasing steam and NWN2 and then reloading doesn't work?
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Booted in login

Unread post by Luna »

IS it any better now?
Dsmoak1
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 am

Re: Booted in login

Unread post by Dsmoak1 »

Yes manually imputing the real cd key worked! Thanks guys!!

Return to “Questions for DMs”