Custom armor

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

gragor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Custom armor

Unread post by gragor »

I'm trying to make an armor with the toolset but it seems i just have a standard toolset.

I have 3 models of fullplates ... wich are ugly :(

Where do i find more models?

Trying to make an armor as a tribes armor for my grey orc
gragor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by gragor »

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/a ... 997758.jpg

http://www.google.be/imgres?client=oper ... =148&ty=52

Or if someone know how to make such like these? Maybe there already is something in game, i don't know.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Nomster »

This thread explains how. We certainly have a wizard hat IG, the colour may not be the exact same. There is a helmet that matches the second image, the armor I am not too sure about myself but something close enough could be done if not already available. Equip a mundane fullplate and look through the appearances IG. :)
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
gragor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by gragor »

First of all, Thanks!

Second

It seems if i design an armor on a human i have alot but alot more option than i try when i change the human to a half orc.


If i design the armor on the human, will it look the samen in game on my grey orc?
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Nomster »

I cannot say for sure, I have not tested this myself as I have only tried human appearances. You can make an appearance and load up Jegs training module (or any other module) with an orc character and grant that character the item IG through a command. If it does not show, it is because grey orcs use a different model and a remodeling of that specific armor piece would be needed... which is not likely to happen.
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
gragor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by gragor »

I like the race, not the modeling :shock:


My armor is 90% finished. Kinda like it but it fits for humans.

Where do i get that module?
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Nomster »

"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
arakes99
Retired Staff
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by arakes99 »

Can someone tell me how I would go about getting an armor design I have in the toolset IG on my character? :)

I can get the armor in a BIC file but I don't know where to send that or if that's the right way to go about it.
User avatar
Nomster
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Nomster »

Was hoping for an answer for arakes99's question. It was a while ago I saw the guidelines -somewhere-.

How does it work? Can appearance changes be made and given to one character only? Or do they all have to be added to the appearance changer?

Who handles these files... Luna only?
"I don't want to pretend at magic anymore. I want to be magic."

Telia Santraeger - Emotional sorceress & priestess of Mystra. [Retired]
Hitman Hard
Posts: 555
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:29 pm
Location: Grueling Projects Fill My Void

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Hitman Hard »

Luna, Duster I believe, and Alezka also does armor/item appearance changes.
Molder: Editor of The Tribune
Valiant: Shrewd, sadistic disguise-strategist; retiring


Good guys are such cliche clones, inevitably.
User avatar
TheKai
Recognized Donor
Posts: 1096
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
Location: Paradise

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by TheKai »

But does it then become available to everyone via the appearance changer or is it unique to that one character? Like an item 1 for 1 swap?
"Are you Thor? God of Hammers?"
User avatar
Lambert
Posts: 667
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Lambert »

You know, I believe there is a way for characters to change appearance and color for all pieces of their equipment and weapons. Must be a NWN2 hak pack somewhere. Uses in game changing rooms. Tales of Amn server had that going on, and it was pretty neat way to customize a character.

Lam
12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.
User avatar
Akroma666
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: California

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Akroma666 »

I'm just going to leave this here...
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29700
Storm - The Blade Flurry
Druegar Grizzleclaw - The Mountain Ruin Tsar
Akroma Thuul - The Creepy Enchanter
Liliana Duskblade - The B*tch of Bane
Jamie Dawnbringer - The Light in the Darkness
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

arakes99 wrote:Can someone tell me how I would go about getting an armor design I have in the toolset IG on my character? :)

I can get the armor in a BIC file but I don't know where to send that or if that's the right way to go about it.
You'll need to create a blueprint, export it and ask Luna very very nicely if he has the time to put it into the game for you.



For anyone who wants to try making new armors themselves, is actually fairly simple and easy to do yourself once you know where in the toolset to do it.

1. Download the latest Jegs Training Module which should have all our Haks and therefore appearances.

2. Open the toolset then load up the Jegs Module.

3. Create a new area, then open the "Blueprints" tab on the left side and pick what you want to make under "Items." Armor, helm etc. and place it in your area on the ground.
Image

4. Click your item, select "Properties" tab on the left side (same side Blueprints tab is on) and click on the "Armor Set" tab at the top. You'll see the following screen.

5. Experiment and get creative! Play with all of the options and figure out what does what. Dont check off helm, cloak etc if you're only working on the armor.
Image

6. If you've made it this far, ask what to after that as you'll need to add a Name, specific tag, resef, Icon, Classification etc in the properties tab. Then create a blueprint and export.

Dont expect your armor to get in just because you made it as Luna is the one that ends up doing all the work to get it in and his workload is insane enough as is.

This is the basics anyway, nothing too heavy.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Kayne
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: Custom armor

Unread post by Kayne »

I tried making weapons, but no matter what appearance I previewed - it would always show the standard weapon. (Only tried greatswords) :?
Kayne - "The Mountain" [Bio]
"The End Justifies the Means..."

Ziaira - Merchant, Archer
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bitch!"

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”