As a paladin with UMD, is it in violation of lore/canon/RP rules (or even just the spirit of them) to use chaotic or neutral aligned items as a Paladin with enough UMD skill?
I know the answer for evil items (a big NOT OKAY), but I am really not sure what to do for chaotic or neutral items (non-lawful or non-good items that are not not evil either).
An authoritative answer would be greatly appreciated.
Authoritative Answer Sought: UMD and Paladin Alignment Items
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
calvinus
- Posts: 744
- Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:26 pm
Authoritative Answer Sought: UMD and Paladin Alignment Items
Wai Li - Paladin and Watcher of Helm and Head Watchknight of the Everwatch [bio]
Secret Plotting Non-Good Characters - "Muahahaha."
Secret Plotting Non-Good Characters - "Muahahaha."
-
Deathgrowl
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 6603
- Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 pm
- Location: VIKING NORWAY!
Re: Authoritative Answer Sought: UMD and Paladin Alignment I
Is an item that has "Only usable by: Evil" an actual evil item, though? Would a weapon with "Only usable by: Evil" overcome, say, 10/evil damage reduction?
If the item isn't inherently evil or chaotic, I don't see any problem, to be honest. Such restrictions could just be put there because the enchanter didn't want a paladin to use the weapons he gave to his undead army against him.
If the item isn't inherently evil or chaotic, I don't see any problem, to be honest. Such restrictions could just be put there because the enchanter didn't want a paladin to use the weapons he gave to his undead army against him.
Laitae Lafreth, became Chosen of Mystra, former Great Reader of Candlekeep
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna
Nëa the Little Shadow
Uranhed Jandinwed, Guide of Candlekeep
Free music:
http://soundcloud.com/progressionmusic/sets/luna