DM mdwagner's Events
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-02-28, or whatever equivalent server date would be
I meeting in the Northern Lights Inn with my friends Wai and Mercury, when the following shocking events took place.
The floor started to shake, the very timbers in the wall groaning. My friends and I ran out of our room and were quickly assaulted by Zombies. Un-warded, Wai and I were unprepared, but Mercury was able to ward up and stand against the undead creeping through the inn.
Shortly after a Za'than of Candlekeep woke up from his sleep at the inn, and was quickly dragged into the battle with no warning.
Through valiant efforts, and a few resurrection and raise dead scrolls, the Undead were put to rest after a difficult battle. However, a disturbingly loud Cackling Laughter a bit like a deranged old person was heard. The decision was made to search the rooms. This search was hindered by repeated attacks by undead Zombies, but in time, it ended on the upper floor.
I was far to curious, and was struck dead upon entering a room on the upper level. Further searching was interrupted when a Zombie came crawling right out of the Cabinetry. Both Mercury and Wai investigated the Cabinetry and it was destroyed. However, shortly after they started showing symptoms of a plague, although it was not immediately recognized as such.
My companions brought me back through powerful divine magic, and I realized they were sick. I was able to eventually was able to get them to consent to a magical investigation also known as Analyze Dwelmer. This revealed two of my companions were infected with an evil disease! Miss Wai Li used her divine magic to attempt to cure the disease, and it appeared for a time she was successful.
At this time the a Lich like something appeared, demanding our hero's to bow down or perish. It is to be said that half of the party ignored his demand, and stood strong. Sadly, I was not one of those who was strong enough, and I kneel-ed before its power. The two who stood strong angered the Lich, and after a time he left saying "Ye must submit to me, not the topsy trvey version".
After that a search of the inn for phylactery's was taken. This was my idea, and perhaps a bit foolish. Somehow, during this search, ever single piece of cabinetry in the inn was destroyed. Near the end of the search it became apparent that my two companions who had been sicked were not cured by Wai's efforts, and the disease was taking a hold of them in a strong way.
There was much discussion on the merits of continuing to search for the Lich, but this was abandoned as it became apparent my friends were dieing on there feet. We all picked up and headed to the nearby temple of Helm, where upon arrival the local Hermite garrison was alerted and sent to search the inn.
A priest was summoned from within the Temple of Helm, and through his expert services he was able to assist and cure my companions of the disease that was eating them from within. The Helmites returned shortly after and commented some vandal has destroyed every single piece of fine cabinetry in the Northern Lights Inn.
Both Wai and Mercury were eager to hunt down the Lich, but out of clues, and with a cold trail they were forced to give up for the day, although they continued to question local townsfolk for some time after that.
As for I, I was rather glad to have survived.
dated 2014-02-28, or whatever equivalent server date would be
I meeting in the Northern Lights Inn with my friends Wai and Mercury, when the following shocking events took place.
The floor started to shake, the very timbers in the wall groaning. My friends and I ran out of our room and were quickly assaulted by Zombies. Un-warded, Wai and I were unprepared, but Mercury was able to ward up and stand against the undead creeping through the inn.
Shortly after a Za'than of Candlekeep woke up from his sleep at the inn, and was quickly dragged into the battle with no warning.
Through valiant efforts, and a few resurrection and raise dead scrolls, the Undead were put to rest after a difficult battle. However, a disturbingly loud Cackling Laughter a bit like a deranged old person was heard. The decision was made to search the rooms. This search was hindered by repeated attacks by undead Zombies, but in time, it ended on the upper floor.
I was far to curious, and was struck dead upon entering a room on the upper level. Further searching was interrupted when a Zombie came crawling right out of the Cabinetry. Both Mercury and Wai investigated the Cabinetry and it was destroyed. However, shortly after they started showing symptoms of a plague, although it was not immediately recognized as such.
My companions brought me back through powerful divine magic, and I realized they were sick. I was able to eventually was able to get them to consent to a magical investigation also known as Analyze Dwelmer. This revealed two of my companions were infected with an evil disease! Miss Wai Li used her divine magic to attempt to cure the disease, and it appeared for a time she was successful.
At this time the a Lich like something appeared, demanding our hero's to bow down or perish. It is to be said that half of the party ignored his demand, and stood strong. Sadly, I was not one of those who was strong enough, and I kneel-ed before its power. The two who stood strong angered the Lich, and after a time he left saying "Ye must submit to me, not the topsy trvey version".
After that a search of the inn for phylactery's was taken. This was my idea, and perhaps a bit foolish. Somehow, during this search, ever single piece of cabinetry in the inn was destroyed. Near the end of the search it became apparent that my two companions who had been sicked were not cured by Wai's efforts, and the disease was taking a hold of them in a strong way.
There was much discussion on the merits of continuing to search for the Lich, but this was abandoned as it became apparent my friends were dieing on there feet. We all picked up and headed to the nearby temple of Helm, where upon arrival the local Hermite garrison was alerted and sent to search the inn.
A priest was summoned from within the Temple of Helm, and through his expert services he was able to assist and cure my companions of the disease that was eating them from within. The Helmites returned shortly after and commented some vandal has destroyed every single piece of fine cabinetry in the Northern Lights Inn.
Both Wai and Mercury were eager to hunt down the Lich, but out of clues, and with a cold trail they were forced to give up for the day, although they continued to question local townsfolk for some time after that.
As for I, I was rather glad to have survived.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-03-11, or equivelent server date
*The first portion of the entry seems smudged out, unreadable, ink smeared. It seems as if it was two paragraphs long*
We arrived in Naskel, curious as to the source of the undead that had attacked us recently. After a brief discussion we determined to question the innkeeper first. Mercury still expressed *several lines seemed smudged out*. Speaking to the innkeeper we learned a number of things, including that on the night of the attack the innkeeper heard several popping sounds below the floor boards. We asked the innkeeper several other questions, but he seemed nervous, as if he did not want this discussed in-front of his customers. Eventually he showed us the entrance to the basement of the inn. He shoe-ed us through quickly, perhaps because he wanted the source of this undead attack discovered, or because he wanted to get us out of the public area of the inn.
The basement seemed nice, but little used. Shortly after arriving we heard another one of those popping sounds, and I became extremely nervous. We cast several wards out of nervousness, and then Mercury yelled for “HELP!” from the other room. We ran into the next room where Mercury was in one and one combat with a Gargantuan Nightwalker. This shadow being was larger then any I have ever seen before that moment! I speak from experience, I have been to the shadow realm and the Netherese ruins, and this was far larger then any I have ever seen before! However, the nightwalker was no match for the fire that burned from Mercuries blood, and he had it mostly dead before we caught up to him.
After defeating the Gargantuan Nightwalker we decided we needed to stay closer together, and Mercury took charge and we move together deeper in. I am not sure what drove us on, perhaps it was the knowledge that this peculiar darkness had come for us while we met in the inn above. My companions feelings were quite clear, *smudged out ink*, so we drove deeper into the into the basement, and while searching another room were assaulted by a hoard of cultists!
The cultists came in a rush, Mercury quickly moved to the door and held them there with sorcery and sword. We weaved our magic around Mercury, quickly shocked to find them completely immune to fire. We fell back on emergency spells, and waves of magical missiles sought out of the cultists, and in time they died where they stood. There attack was fanatical, none fled or retreated.
After that we drove deeper into the basement, moving forward by rote, sorcery, and by the sword. We searched every room, finding nothing. Nightwalkers seem to alternate with cultists, throwing themselves at us. Yet as we looked around us, the basement seemed unused, clearly not the living place for the darkness that inhabited the place.
Finally we open a door to a hallway that went deeper in that maze like place. There was a massive wall of darkness, a Nightwalker even larger then any we had seen yet. We were ready this time, and while the darkness seemed to surround us, my companions stayed calm, and after an epic battle it fell before us. As it fell the darkness fled, and we saw down the hall way at a glowing purple portal, surrounded by purple motes. Finally we had the explanation of where the endless stream of dark fiends where coming from.
After some discussion Mercury tried to enter the portal, to lead by example. However, as he did a flash of purple entry barred his entry, throwing him back away from it. This puzzled us. After a time we noticed the motes seemed the same color as the purple flash of energy. Mercuries first instinct was the Mords the motes, but I protested that it would destroy the portal. Instead I tried to engage the mote with gentle magic, to disarm it like a trap. As I applied magic to the mote another pop occurred, and another mote appeared. We thought the portal might be opened momentary by the pop, but Mercury was throw away from it again in a flash of purple energy when he rushed it again. Mercury then tried to weave his chaotic sorcerer magic into a mote, but that just resulted in multiple more motes being created. Terri attempted to pilfer the magic with her trickery, but the mote seem to resist her efforts.
Staring at the mote a bit memorized I realized the mote had a familiar attraction to me. I realized it was undoubtedly evil in the dark purple mote. We lacked anyone who could use divine magic, but I mediated and lashed out at the motes with pure sunlight, hitting them time after time. They seemed to flicker as I lashed out at them, but in the end all my attempts did is create another mote. My next attempt was to cast trace teleport on the portal, but something went wrong with the spell, and no magic entered the rune I had ready. I then figured the purples motes were reacting to magic, and dispelled my wards. Being a pure human of common blood, I had no innate magic within me either. I tried to enter the portal but was stopped again by the purple wash of energy. It did not throw me back like it did Mercury though, unprotected as I was it washed through me, crippling me, and I puked all over the floor, the contents of my stomach on the ground glowing dark purple as I stumbled back and fell. My companions reacted decisively, moving me away from the portal and lashing out at the motes and the portal with Mordenkainen's Disjunction, destroying it.
The motes remained, invincible, untouchable. We noticed a door going down below, and my companions helped me through the door to search the lower level. We hoped for an answer to the motes and everything else. The dark purple magic either faded from me as I recovered, or I acclimatized to it I am unsure which. But after a short time I was able to join there search of the lower level. We searched the lower level from one end to the other, searching every room, pealing open crates. All we found was a magical barrier around the inns vault, and some other rooms that looked unused for decades, dust hanging in the air. We noticed the inn's vault and we resolved to ask the innkeeper for access, and headed back through the maze of the basement.
We speculated on the portal as we proceed back, and stopped at the dark evil purple motes on more time to try and effect them. Using an assortment of magical devices Mercury tried to harm them with divine magic, with no effect. I then tried to scry the source of the motes, I am unsure of why I thought to do so. After setting up my scrying globe and concentrating on it while touching a mote I saw a vision that “The motes seem to come for a great land.......that is entirely made of things that glow purple”. I thought it might be another plane, but my lore is lacking and I remember not which or where such a place might be.
Exiting the basement we met our good friend Wai Li, and before we could put more questions to the innkeeper he turned in for the night. Left to ourselves we speculated for a while, and then Terri spotted the lights above us in the room. She pointed out they had the same purple glow of the motes, and we all stared up at them in the shock, realizing it could be coincidence, but unlikely one. With the innkeeper turned in for the night, we gave up on our quest.
Our speculation turned toward the man we *the rest of the paragraph is blotted out an illegible*.
Deciding there was nothing more we could that night, we turned in. As I write this I am delighted to once again have survived, thanks more to my companions then my own efforts.
dated 2014-03-11, or equivelent server date
*The first portion of the entry seems smudged out, unreadable, ink smeared. It seems as if it was two paragraphs long*
We arrived in Naskel, curious as to the source of the undead that had attacked us recently. After a brief discussion we determined to question the innkeeper first. Mercury still expressed *several lines seemed smudged out*. Speaking to the innkeeper we learned a number of things, including that on the night of the attack the innkeeper heard several popping sounds below the floor boards. We asked the innkeeper several other questions, but he seemed nervous, as if he did not want this discussed in-front of his customers. Eventually he showed us the entrance to the basement of the inn. He shoe-ed us through quickly, perhaps because he wanted the source of this undead attack discovered, or because he wanted to get us out of the public area of the inn.
The basement seemed nice, but little used. Shortly after arriving we heard another one of those popping sounds, and I became extremely nervous. We cast several wards out of nervousness, and then Mercury yelled for “HELP!” from the other room. We ran into the next room where Mercury was in one and one combat with a Gargantuan Nightwalker. This shadow being was larger then any I have ever seen before that moment! I speak from experience, I have been to the shadow realm and the Netherese ruins, and this was far larger then any I have ever seen before! However, the nightwalker was no match for the fire that burned from Mercuries blood, and he had it mostly dead before we caught up to him.
After defeating the Gargantuan Nightwalker we decided we needed to stay closer together, and Mercury took charge and we move together deeper in. I am not sure what drove us on, perhaps it was the knowledge that this peculiar darkness had come for us while we met in the inn above. My companions feelings were quite clear, *smudged out ink*, so we drove deeper into the into the basement, and while searching another room were assaulted by a hoard of cultists!
The cultists came in a rush, Mercury quickly moved to the door and held them there with sorcery and sword. We weaved our magic around Mercury, quickly shocked to find them completely immune to fire. We fell back on emergency spells, and waves of magical missiles sought out of the cultists, and in time they died where they stood. There attack was fanatical, none fled or retreated.
After that we drove deeper into the basement, moving forward by rote, sorcery, and by the sword. We searched every room, finding nothing. Nightwalkers seem to alternate with cultists, throwing themselves at us. Yet as we looked around us, the basement seemed unused, clearly not the living place for the darkness that inhabited the place.
Finally we open a door to a hallway that went deeper in that maze like place. There was a massive wall of darkness, a Nightwalker even larger then any we had seen yet. We were ready this time, and while the darkness seemed to surround us, my companions stayed calm, and after an epic battle it fell before us. As it fell the darkness fled, and we saw down the hall way at a glowing purple portal, surrounded by purple motes. Finally we had the explanation of where the endless stream of dark fiends where coming from.
After some discussion Mercury tried to enter the portal, to lead by example. However, as he did a flash of purple entry barred his entry, throwing him back away from it. This puzzled us. After a time we noticed the motes seemed the same color as the purple flash of energy. Mercuries first instinct was the Mords the motes, but I protested that it would destroy the portal. Instead I tried to engage the mote with gentle magic, to disarm it like a trap. As I applied magic to the mote another pop occurred, and another mote appeared. We thought the portal might be opened momentary by the pop, but Mercury was throw away from it again in a flash of purple energy when he rushed it again. Mercury then tried to weave his chaotic sorcerer magic into a mote, but that just resulted in multiple more motes being created. Terri attempted to pilfer the magic with her trickery, but the mote seem to resist her efforts.
Staring at the mote a bit memorized I realized the mote had a familiar attraction to me. I realized it was undoubtedly evil in the dark purple mote. We lacked anyone who could use divine magic, but I mediated and lashed out at the motes with pure sunlight, hitting them time after time. They seemed to flicker as I lashed out at them, but in the end all my attempts did is create another mote. My next attempt was to cast trace teleport on the portal, but something went wrong with the spell, and no magic entered the rune I had ready. I then figured the purples motes were reacting to magic, and dispelled my wards. Being a pure human of common blood, I had no innate magic within me either. I tried to enter the portal but was stopped again by the purple wash of energy. It did not throw me back like it did Mercury though, unprotected as I was it washed through me, crippling me, and I puked all over the floor, the contents of my stomach on the ground glowing dark purple as I stumbled back and fell. My companions reacted decisively, moving me away from the portal and lashing out at the motes and the portal with Mordenkainen's Disjunction, destroying it.
The motes remained, invincible, untouchable. We noticed a door going down below, and my companions helped me through the door to search the lower level. We hoped for an answer to the motes and everything else. The dark purple magic either faded from me as I recovered, or I acclimatized to it I am unsure which. But after a short time I was able to join there search of the lower level. We searched the lower level from one end to the other, searching every room, pealing open crates. All we found was a magical barrier around the inns vault, and some other rooms that looked unused for decades, dust hanging in the air. We noticed the inn's vault and we resolved to ask the innkeeper for access, and headed back through the maze of the basement.
We speculated on the portal as we proceed back, and stopped at the dark evil purple motes on more time to try and effect them. Using an assortment of magical devices Mercury tried to harm them with divine magic, with no effect. I then tried to scry the source of the motes, I am unsure of why I thought to do so. After setting up my scrying globe and concentrating on it while touching a mote I saw a vision that “The motes seem to come for a great land.......that is entirely made of things that glow purple”. I thought it might be another plane, but my lore is lacking and I remember not which or where such a place might be.
Exiting the basement we met our good friend Wai Li, and before we could put more questions to the innkeeper he turned in for the night. Left to ourselves we speculated for a while, and then Terri spotted the lights above us in the room. She pointed out they had the same purple glow of the motes, and we all stared up at them in the shock, realizing it could be coincidence, but unlikely one. With the innkeeper turned in for the night, we gave up on our quest.
Our speculation turned toward the man we *the rest of the paragraph is blotted out an illegible*.
Deciding there was nothing more we could that night, we turned in. As I write this I am delighted to once again have survived, thanks more to my companions then my own efforts.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-03-22, or equivalent server date
*The first portion of the entry seems smudged out, perhaps a paragraph long*
Terri and I arrived in the inn, on the lookout for the "great danger" mentioned to us. We immediately noticed that the innkeeper seemed to be missing. Before we had a chance to look for him, undead swarmed out from the room I normally spend the night in and attacked us! Lacking Mercuries ability to hold the line, Terri and I both started running around trying to keep out of there clutches. After a long battle we brought them down, however, the plague zombies had exhausted Terri and left me not much better.
Right about that time Za'than of Candlekeep, the same man woken from his sleep on 2014-02-28 by Zombies arrived. Ivan also arrived at the same time. My previous run ins with Ivan had been less then positive, mainly centered around him attacking me on the road in the manner of a bandit looking to recover an artificial from me that could be used to summon undead similar to the ones now attacking Terri and I. I was immediately suspicious of Ivan and his presence there, but I must admit Ivan fought the plague zombies rather more effectively then I had been doing so.
As the fighting ended I pointed out the similarities between the undead assualting us and the undead around Ivan last time we met him in Triel, along with several other unflattering accusations. My opinion of the man was overruled, perhaps for the best.
We discussed proceeding to the basement, but we where attacked by another wave of undead zombies, this time backed up by larger undead monstrosities and a Necrolord. After a rather vicious battle in which I was knocked out and has to be resuscitated the undead were put down again. As this battle finished more people arrived.
This time it was Miss Narasida, referred to as "Lady Naraside" by some who arrived. I remembered her from a previous encounter where she was extermely rude and appeared just as a hoard of demons assaulted Friendly Arm's Inn. When including her connections with the disreputable House of Vol, her arrival was suspicious to say the least. She did bring a capable bodyguard, who fought the undead with valor.
At this time I was also able to summon Mercury to the scene, and together we used the trap door the innkeeper had shown us before to proceed under the inn. Fighting began immediately in the basement, swamped by plagued zombies, constructs, and a Necrolord every once in a while. I was asked to ward Narasida's bodyguard, but I refused on the grounds that Narasida may be behind the undead attack and I did not want to empower a potential enemy.
We searched the basement slowly, our progress hampered by near constant fighting, driving forward by druidic transformations, valor, sorcery, and rote. After some time searching we found the portal we had found last time, surrounded by purple motes as before. Even as we searched the running infighting between Narasida and myself continued. Scattered before the portal where various trinkets, which we divided up by throwing the bones and offering gold in quantity to those who had won some of the items.
Terry tried to capture one of the motes, but failed. I tried to get in the portal with no luck, and then started casting wards, including a Protection from Spells ward. The ward also picked up several motes as it went off, and all touched by it immediately became very ill, badly sick.
Numerous remedies were tried, including several casts of greater restoration. These failed, and as we tried to save ourselves Narasida slipped through the portal none of us were able to use. In retrospect this is very suspicious, but at the time I was to busy dying to care. Zathan was doing something with a leech, and I think he was the one least effected. I begged to teleport out to a temple. I remember something about Ivan saying we needed to stay put to prevent spreading the plague, but I lost consciousness not long after that.
When I awoke it was in a temple of Tempus in Baldur's Gate. I was extremely weak, barely able to stand. I learned that Mercury had exchanged a fortune to have us cured by the priest. After recovering a bit I went to apologize to Ivan for my accusations earlier to him. We discussed our previous interactions with the portal a bit but nothing knew was learned.
Finishing this Diary Entry, I must thank Mercury for my survival, if he had not paid the priest his ransom, I have no doubt I would be very dead.
dated 2014-03-22, or equivalent server date
*The first portion of the entry seems smudged out, perhaps a paragraph long*
Terri and I arrived in the inn, on the lookout for the "great danger" mentioned to us. We immediately noticed that the innkeeper seemed to be missing. Before we had a chance to look for him, undead swarmed out from the room I normally spend the night in and attacked us! Lacking Mercuries ability to hold the line, Terri and I both started running around trying to keep out of there clutches. After a long battle we brought them down, however, the plague zombies had exhausted Terri and left me not much better.
Right about that time Za'than of Candlekeep, the same man woken from his sleep on 2014-02-28 by Zombies arrived. Ivan also arrived at the same time. My previous run ins with Ivan had been less then positive, mainly centered around him attacking me on the road in the manner of a bandit looking to recover an artificial from me that could be used to summon undead similar to the ones now attacking Terri and I. I was immediately suspicious of Ivan and his presence there, but I must admit Ivan fought the plague zombies rather more effectively then I had been doing so.
As the fighting ended I pointed out the similarities between the undead assualting us and the undead around Ivan last time we met him in Triel, along with several other unflattering accusations. My opinion of the man was overruled, perhaps for the best.
We discussed proceeding to the basement, but we where attacked by another wave of undead zombies, this time backed up by larger undead monstrosities and a Necrolord. After a rather vicious battle in which I was knocked out and has to be resuscitated the undead were put down again. As this battle finished more people arrived.
This time it was Miss Narasida, referred to as "Lady Naraside" by some who arrived. I remembered her from a previous encounter where she was extermely rude and appeared just as a hoard of demons assaulted Friendly Arm's Inn. When including her connections with the disreputable House of Vol, her arrival was suspicious to say the least. She did bring a capable bodyguard, who fought the undead with valor.
At this time I was also able to summon Mercury to the scene, and together we used the trap door the innkeeper had shown us before to proceed under the inn. Fighting began immediately in the basement, swamped by plagued zombies, constructs, and a Necrolord every once in a while. I was asked to ward Narasida's bodyguard, but I refused on the grounds that Narasida may be behind the undead attack and I did not want to empower a potential enemy.
We searched the basement slowly, our progress hampered by near constant fighting, driving forward by druidic transformations, valor, sorcery, and rote. After some time searching we found the portal we had found last time, surrounded by purple motes as before. Even as we searched the running infighting between Narasida and myself continued. Scattered before the portal where various trinkets, which we divided up by throwing the bones and offering gold in quantity to those who had won some of the items.
Terry tried to capture one of the motes, but failed. I tried to get in the portal with no luck, and then started casting wards, including a Protection from Spells ward. The ward also picked up several motes as it went off, and all touched by it immediately became very ill, badly sick.
Numerous remedies were tried, including several casts of greater restoration. These failed, and as we tried to save ourselves Narasida slipped through the portal none of us were able to use. In retrospect this is very suspicious, but at the time I was to busy dying to care. Zathan was doing something with a leech, and I think he was the one least effected. I begged to teleport out to a temple. I remember something about Ivan saying we needed to stay put to prevent spreading the plague, but I lost consciousness not long after that.
When I awoke it was in a temple of Tempus in Baldur's Gate. I was extremely weak, barely able to stand. I learned that Mercury had exchanged a fortune to have us cured by the priest. After recovering a bit I went to apologize to Ivan for my accusations earlier to him. We discussed our previous interactions with the portal a bit but nothing knew was learned.
Finishing this Diary Entry, I must thank Mercury for my survival, if he had not paid the priest his ransom, I have no doubt I would be very dead.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-04-06, or equivalent server day
– The first several paragraphs of this entry seem like someone tipped an ink well on them, blotting them out entirely –
___ We are told then, out of now where a hoard of undead and three undead Lichs attacked us. Apparently we were knocked out in the attack. However, a hoard of Hin in Gullykin came down and fought them off, and helped us back up to our feet. Unfortunately, dead Hin were scattered everywhere, the horrific results of our own failure to stop the undead. The hin had somehow stopped the undead from entering there own, but they were at least fifty dead hin scattered around horrifically, blood, death, and the corruption of the dead stank the air. In the distance a portal stood, the vegetation and the ground destroyed between it and the town in a tesimate to the virulent death it has spit out.
___ The portal spewed out another wave of undeath, but thankfully Za'than with one other showed up. Narasida, I refuse to call her Lady, and her guardsman also showed up, and between us we managed to drive the undead back again. As we drove them back again the purple motes as in similar incidents began to show up. I am beginning to think that they are just a side effect of where ever the portal is opened to.
___ Narasida mentioned that a Zombie may have made it into town. I checked quickly, but I was worried about my friends and when the local Hin looked ok came back out the front gate without doing a through search. While I searched the town others fought off another wave of undead and liches.
___ When I came back out the portal laid open for us to access, and we hoped to bring an end to this death and corruption by going back through to the source and cleansing it there. The only person to have luck with using the portals was Narasida, who indicated she knew how to get through it with the use of dragons blood. However, Narasida completely refused to consider showing us how to get through, and the accusations and recrimination flew shortly afterward. I came out and directly accused her of working for the enemy, and she simply refused to directly refute anything as normal.
___ As we argued my quick search of the town prior came back to haunt us. Apparently some of the corruption had found its way to where the hin kept there Rabbits, and the transformed rabbits quickly ran havoc. Most of the hin in town were able to hide quickly, but the rabbits seemed almost controlled as they came for us. Massive, easily the side of a small horse, they assaulted us from behind, as we fought amongst ourselves. The rabbits were a long and difficult fight, in the end we were victorious, barely.
___ After the rabbits were put down for the time being, we quickly resumed our recriminations and accusations. Mercury attempted to enter the portal again, but without Narasida's help it was a hopeless en devour. Narasida's guardsman studied various recipes as we argued. Finally Za'than had the good sense to move over to the portal and he opened another portal in it, short circuiting it to some place else unpleasant and removing it from our plane. If it was not for his clear thinking, we may still be fighting amongst ourselves in front of that portal.
___ I am told I went and searched the town again, with Mercury. The others stayed behind to watch the area. I was knocked out again in the town by a rabbit apparently, and Mercury finally took care of the rest of the infected rabbits that were in Gullykin. Mercury revived me, and we moved back out the front gate to the others.
___ After this we fought for some time. Narasida wanted to sample various organs from the hin to study the plague disease. However, we made no allowance for her to do so, and piled the hin and the dead rabbits up in a large heap. Mercury light fire to the heap with his sorceress power that cleansed the dead into ashes, destroying the plague with them. The stench of the burning corrupted flesh was horrific, chocking. The night glowed red with the light of the mountain of burning dead, the black plume curling high into the night sky obscuring the moon and making it look red through the plume of smoke.
___ As we sat around and fought between ourselves some more, the most nasty accusations from me at Narasida, it became quickly apparent that we had also been corrupted by the disease. This time it was Mercury, and two of Za'thans party that was corrupted. We dragged and limps ourselves to the temple, where the preist charged an arm and a leg, or seven bags each, to cure us. The cure looked painful, and the smell of cured looked flushed, and smelled of pure smoke that burns in the central fire pit of that same temple.
___ I asked the priest then if I was marked. He examined us and said that those of us that had been infected has been tainted by it. I asked if we were causing these portals, or if simply we were acting like a lightening rod for lightening that would have happened anyway. He was unable to say. After that we quickly feel into infighting and recriminations. I must admit, I was an instigator of this round of fighting like many of the others. I wanted to get to the bottom of Narasida, to either trust her or find evidence of darkness. Nether happened, and we parted ways on less then good terms.
(((OOC Participants were Mercury Dreskia, Terri Lalani, Sani Brin, Za'than Za'amal, Aldo Hand, Lady Narasida, and Terithin kellith
dated 2014-04-06, or equivalent server day
– The first several paragraphs of this entry seem like someone tipped an ink well on them, blotting them out entirely –
___ We are told then, out of now where a hoard of undead and three undead Lichs attacked us. Apparently we were knocked out in the attack. However, a hoard of Hin in Gullykin came down and fought them off, and helped us back up to our feet. Unfortunately, dead Hin were scattered everywhere, the horrific results of our own failure to stop the undead. The hin had somehow stopped the undead from entering there own, but they were at least fifty dead hin scattered around horrifically, blood, death, and the corruption of the dead stank the air. In the distance a portal stood, the vegetation and the ground destroyed between it and the town in a tesimate to the virulent death it has spit out.
___ The portal spewed out another wave of undeath, but thankfully Za'than with one other showed up. Narasida, I refuse to call her Lady, and her guardsman also showed up, and between us we managed to drive the undead back again. As we drove them back again the purple motes as in similar incidents began to show up. I am beginning to think that they are just a side effect of where ever the portal is opened to.
___ Narasida mentioned that a Zombie may have made it into town. I checked quickly, but I was worried about my friends and when the local Hin looked ok came back out the front gate without doing a through search. While I searched the town others fought off another wave of undead and liches.
___ When I came back out the portal laid open for us to access, and we hoped to bring an end to this death and corruption by going back through to the source and cleansing it there. The only person to have luck with using the portals was Narasida, who indicated she knew how to get through it with the use of dragons blood. However, Narasida completely refused to consider showing us how to get through, and the accusations and recrimination flew shortly afterward. I came out and directly accused her of working for the enemy, and she simply refused to directly refute anything as normal.
___ As we argued my quick search of the town prior came back to haunt us. Apparently some of the corruption had found its way to where the hin kept there Rabbits, and the transformed rabbits quickly ran havoc. Most of the hin in town were able to hide quickly, but the rabbits seemed almost controlled as they came for us. Massive, easily the side of a small horse, they assaulted us from behind, as we fought amongst ourselves. The rabbits were a long and difficult fight, in the end we were victorious, barely.
___ After the rabbits were put down for the time being, we quickly resumed our recriminations and accusations. Mercury attempted to enter the portal again, but without Narasida's help it was a hopeless en devour. Narasida's guardsman studied various recipes as we argued. Finally Za'than had the good sense to move over to the portal and he opened another portal in it, short circuiting it to some place else unpleasant and removing it from our plane. If it was not for his clear thinking, we may still be fighting amongst ourselves in front of that portal.
___ I am told I went and searched the town again, with Mercury. The others stayed behind to watch the area. I was knocked out again in the town by a rabbit apparently, and Mercury finally took care of the rest of the infected rabbits that were in Gullykin. Mercury revived me, and we moved back out the front gate to the others.
___ After this we fought for some time. Narasida wanted to sample various organs from the hin to study the plague disease. However, we made no allowance for her to do so, and piled the hin and the dead rabbits up in a large heap. Mercury light fire to the heap with his sorceress power that cleansed the dead into ashes, destroying the plague with them. The stench of the burning corrupted flesh was horrific, chocking. The night glowed red with the light of the mountain of burning dead, the black plume curling high into the night sky obscuring the moon and making it look red through the plume of smoke.
___ As we sat around and fought between ourselves some more, the most nasty accusations from me at Narasida, it became quickly apparent that we had also been corrupted by the disease. This time it was Mercury, and two of Za'thans party that was corrupted. We dragged and limps ourselves to the temple, where the preist charged an arm and a leg, or seven bags each, to cure us. The cure looked painful, and the smell of cured looked flushed, and smelled of pure smoke that burns in the central fire pit of that same temple.
___ I asked the priest then if I was marked. He examined us and said that those of us that had been infected has been tainted by it. I asked if we were causing these portals, or if simply we were acting like a lightening rod for lightening that would have happened anyway. He was unable to say. After that we quickly feel into infighting and recriminations. I must admit, I was an instigator of this round of fighting like many of the others. I wanted to get to the bottom of Narasida, to either trust her or find evidence of darkness. Nether happened, and we parted ways on less then good terms.
(((OOC Participants were Mercury Dreskia, Terri Lalani, Sani Brin, Za'than Za'amal, Aldo Hand, Lady Narasida, and Terithin kellith
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
((( Unless you somehow obtain this diary, this posting is OOC to you
*From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-07-02, or equivalent server day*
We started the day by adventuring deep into the halls of the dead, and slaying the undead dragon that curls in the depths there. It was a victorious battle, where Mercury stood before the dragon and showed the dragon who was the real dragon. The rest of us may have acted as distractions or something. Actually, to be fair Mercury held the dragons attention, I crippled the dragon ability to attack and defend with magic, Sylena kept us all among the living, Rilae'ar'an sang a song that lifted our spirits in that depressing place, Terri and Kory killed the dragon with magic and spear.
Afterward we tried to relax in the dismal lands of the undead while discussing where we should go to have a drink. For some reason I started drinking prematurely, and not handling alcoholic drinks very well I do not actually remember what happened then.
My friends tell me they teleported to Ulgoth's Beard as the sun set across the land. Ulgoth's beard was attacked by hoards of pirates not long after we arrived there. During this period I was unconscious from the drink, and I am told Mercury stayed with me and made sure I did not come to harm. The battle initially went bad for us and the town, while we were able to hold them off, several of my companions died fighting the initial waves of pirates. My drunken stupor may have contributed to there deaths, as Mercury was stuck protecting me.
We regrouped in the Tavern at Ulgoth's beard, and I was given a lesser restoration potion that woke me up. Powerful magic was used to bring several of my companions back from the brink of death. We were told that the pirates were attacking again, Mercury, Kory, Sylanna, and Rila went out to fight them off. However, I had no idea what was going on, and Terri ended up staying with me while I recovered me wits about me. By the time we made our way outside the fight was over, with many townspeople dead and a massive number of pirates slain in the areas around the town.
An accounting of the 36 dead among the townspeople was taken. It was found the dead included the Councilman's boy, twelve of the town watch, and twenty three townsfolk. We piled all of our diamonds, scrolls, and anything else we could find to summon back the dead. We realized we would not be able to resurrect all the townsfolk back, and a debate was occurred as to who to resurrect. It was decided the councilman's boy Mergus, four of the town watch, and seven of the towns folk would be resurrected. Special consideration was made for the newly married, the young, and the most capable of the watch.
Under the pale rays of the moon Rilae'ar'an began to dance, drawing her blade and moving gracefully through the bodies arrayed in a circle around her. The darkness of the night seemed to fade a bit, and it was like as if the very land itself was touched with a tint of silver, the individual grass blades glittering under the rays of the moon. As Rilae'ar'an danced she placed a diamond on the chest of each of the fallen, seemingly directly over there heart. Her dance then incorporated sprinkling each with holy water, and she sang a beautiful prayer that went something like “Lady Silverhair, Maiden of the Dance, I ask you to please call back the souls of these fallen, that they might hear your song and be called back to the land of the living”. Her voice then lilted into a song timed with her dance, a song about a Circle that may never be broken. The dead that Rilae'ar'an danced among then began to have there flicker with the silver of the moon for a moment, and then the diamonds seemed to disappear and they returned to us living seemingly one at a time, one after another, all in less then a minute.
Sylena during this time knelt before corpses circled around her, and reciting a prayer to her God Shaundakul. A blue energy seemed to pass from her to her hand and then into the townsfolk. As she continued to recite the prayer, she placed a diamond on her current subject, which seemed to vanish in a swirl of blue energy a moment later. She would then would sprinkle the subject with a touch of holy water, as she did so a pure breeze of the fresh spring air would seemingly waft through the air swirling both her and her subjects hair in it. A moment later the subject would gasp for breath, breathing in the waft of air. Sylena repeated this for all of her subjects one at a time.
The local townsfolk assisted with the newly resurrected dead, the shock, horror, grief, and joy of the event imprinted on the expressions of there faces. As the morning began to dawn the Councilman granted Rilae'ar'an and Sylena honorary citizenship in the town. Rilae'ar'an and Sylena both expressed an interest in seeing those they were able to save the next day to make sure everything was as it should be.
We spoke sometime afterward, and helped Rilae'ar'an and Sylena to bed, both who were exhausted from there efforts with saving the townsfolk.
*the Diary posting seems to end here*
*From the Diary of Sani Briin:
dated 2014-07-02, or equivalent server day*
We started the day by adventuring deep into the halls of the dead, and slaying the undead dragon that curls in the depths there. It was a victorious battle, where Mercury stood before the dragon and showed the dragon who was the real dragon. The rest of us may have acted as distractions or something. Actually, to be fair Mercury held the dragons attention, I crippled the dragon ability to attack and defend with magic, Sylena kept us all among the living, Rilae'ar'an sang a song that lifted our spirits in that depressing place, Terri and Kory killed the dragon with magic and spear.
Afterward we tried to relax in the dismal lands of the undead while discussing where we should go to have a drink. For some reason I started drinking prematurely, and not handling alcoholic drinks very well I do not actually remember what happened then.
My friends tell me they teleported to Ulgoth's Beard as the sun set across the land. Ulgoth's beard was attacked by hoards of pirates not long after we arrived there. During this period I was unconscious from the drink, and I am told Mercury stayed with me and made sure I did not come to harm. The battle initially went bad for us and the town, while we were able to hold them off, several of my companions died fighting the initial waves of pirates. My drunken stupor may have contributed to there deaths, as Mercury was stuck protecting me.
We regrouped in the Tavern at Ulgoth's beard, and I was given a lesser restoration potion that woke me up. Powerful magic was used to bring several of my companions back from the brink of death. We were told that the pirates were attacking again, Mercury, Kory, Sylanna, and Rila went out to fight them off. However, I had no idea what was going on, and Terri ended up staying with me while I recovered me wits about me. By the time we made our way outside the fight was over, with many townspeople dead and a massive number of pirates slain in the areas around the town.
An accounting of the 36 dead among the townspeople was taken. It was found the dead included the Councilman's boy, twelve of the town watch, and twenty three townsfolk. We piled all of our diamonds, scrolls, and anything else we could find to summon back the dead. We realized we would not be able to resurrect all the townsfolk back, and a debate was occurred as to who to resurrect. It was decided the councilman's boy Mergus, four of the town watch, and seven of the towns folk would be resurrected. Special consideration was made for the newly married, the young, and the most capable of the watch.
Under the pale rays of the moon Rilae'ar'an began to dance, drawing her blade and moving gracefully through the bodies arrayed in a circle around her. The darkness of the night seemed to fade a bit, and it was like as if the very land itself was touched with a tint of silver, the individual grass blades glittering under the rays of the moon. As Rilae'ar'an danced she placed a diamond on the chest of each of the fallen, seemingly directly over there heart. Her dance then incorporated sprinkling each with holy water, and she sang a beautiful prayer that went something like “Lady Silverhair, Maiden of the Dance, I ask you to please call back the souls of these fallen, that they might hear your song and be called back to the land of the living”. Her voice then lilted into a song timed with her dance, a song about a Circle that may never be broken. The dead that Rilae'ar'an danced among then began to have there flicker with the silver of the moon for a moment, and then the diamonds seemed to disappear and they returned to us living seemingly one at a time, one after another, all in less then a minute.
Sylena during this time knelt before corpses circled around her, and reciting a prayer to her God Shaundakul. A blue energy seemed to pass from her to her hand and then into the townsfolk. As she continued to recite the prayer, she placed a diamond on her current subject, which seemed to vanish in a swirl of blue energy a moment later. She would then would sprinkle the subject with a touch of holy water, as she did so a pure breeze of the fresh spring air would seemingly waft through the air swirling both her and her subjects hair in it. A moment later the subject would gasp for breath, breathing in the waft of air. Sylena repeated this for all of her subjects one at a time.
The local townsfolk assisted with the newly resurrected dead, the shock, horror, grief, and joy of the event imprinted on the expressions of there faces. As the morning began to dawn the Councilman granted Rilae'ar'an and Sylena honorary citizenship in the town. Rilae'ar'an and Sylena both expressed an interest in seeing those they were able to save the next day to make sure everything was as it should be.
We spoke sometime afterward, and helped Rilae'ar'an and Sylena to bed, both who were exhausted from there efforts with saving the townsfolk.
*the Diary posting seems to end here*
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
rumor thread updates:
Ulgoth's beard, for 8/29:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 10#p553410
Roaringshore, for 8/29:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 11#p553411
Roaringshore, for 9/5
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 12#p553412
Ulgoth's beard, for 8/29:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 10#p553410
Roaringshore, for 8/29:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 11#p553411
Roaringshore, for 9/5
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 12#p553412
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
rumor thread updates:
Darkhold:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=557505#p557505
and
Sword Coast:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=557506#p557506
Darkhold:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=557505#p557505
and
Sword Coast:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=557506#p557506
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
rumor thread update for 11/7 event:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565746#p565746
post mission report for 11/7 event, 14 PCs:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565752#p565752 (restricted forum)
list of names for 11/7 event:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565787#p565787 (restricted forum)
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565746#p565746
post mission report for 11/7 event, 14 PCs:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565752#p565752 (restricted forum)
list of names for 11/7 event:
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=565787#p565787 (restricted forum)
Last edited by Layla0340 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
*referances private forum, 6 PCs*
11/14 event: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=568527#p568527
11/14 event: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=568527#p568527
Last edited by Layla0340 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
*11/21 event, 7 PCs*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=569447#p569447
*references a private forum*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=569447#p569447
*references a private forum*
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
*11/28 Event, 8 PCs*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=570692#p570692
*references private forum*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=570692#p570692
*references private forum*
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
*12/5 Event, 8 PCs*
Mission report: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=571844#p571844
Player list: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=570702#p570702
*references private forum*
Mission report: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=571844#p571844
Player list: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=570702#p570702
*references private forum*
Sani - Mistress of Wands
-
Layla0340
- Posts: 322
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:32 am
Re: DM mdwagner's Events
*12/12 event, 5 PCs*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=572979#p572979
*references private forum*
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=572979#p572979
*references private forum*
Sani - Mistress of Wands