Telthor Companion proper level?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Zhentil_Keep
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:54 am
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by Zhentil_Keep »

I had a quick question about the telthor companion. From the description it looked like the companion should be your current spirit shaman level - 3. is this correct? My char is level 17 and companion is 8. Was just curious and to know if I should end up taking "natural bond".

Also, it doesn't appear that Spirit Shamans can use gloves... Im assumign thats part of their class restrictions?

Thanks!
Asparin Ravenwood, Human Acquisition Specialist
Xarak Shadowstalker, A recently "enlightened", former assassin of Malar the Beastlord
Gaedynn Coldstone, Frostfolk Icemage
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by Luna »

Zhentil_Keep wrote:I had a quick question about the telthor companion. From the description it looked like the companion should be your current spirit shaman level - 3. is this correct? My char is level 17 and companion is 8. Was just curious and to know if I should end up taking "natural bond".

Also, it doesn't appear that Spirit Shamans can use gloves... Im assumign thats part of their class restrictions?

Thanks!
The custom summons don't follow the generic OC template always.
So they might be a bit lower level.
NeOmega
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by NeOmega »

Zhentil_Keep wrote:I had a quick question about the telthor companion. From the description it looked like the companion should be your current spirit shaman level - 3. is this correct? My char is level 17 and companion is 8. Was just curious and to know if I should end up taking "natural bond".

Also, it doesn't appear that Spirit Shamans can use gloves... Im assumign thats part of their class restrictions?

Thanks!

they can use bracers but not gloves. and it is a bug.
User avatar
Slunko
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by Slunko »

Don't worry, I have natural bond and all' that, and he's still useless. I'm glad I invested so many feats into it -.-
There should be a note next to the feat about how the thing actually levels. I was expecting a decent druid pet (after I took natural bond)...
Galean, Rock and Gale Enterprises
Goth Dar'gul Eye of Ruin
Remus the Marauding Malarite
User avatar
Dreme
Recognized Donor
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 am
Location: The Dirty South

Re: Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by Dreme »

*face palms* I did research before taking this feat.. From what I read it sounded like a good investment, get the summon and use 1 natural bond to make your pet equal to your spirit shaman level... Then level 7 and 8 came and my pet was still level 3, started getting irritated. Now I am really irritated that I wasted a feat and was about to waste another feat on a useless summon.. feel a bit cheated because I picked something the game said would be one way and turned out to be another.. This feat I think should just be removed from the game because if anything, this is a broken feat that can ruin a character if they invest into it. I will now be RCRing my character because of a missleading feat discription.
User avatar
Dreme
Recognized Donor
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 am
Location: The Dirty South

Re: Telthor Companion proper level?

Unread post by Dreme »

I wish I had found this before hand.. I got the telthor companion feat thinking I would be getting a worthwhile summon that I could buff and use similar to a druid's pet (once I had natural bond).. But as I reached level 7 and then 8 and my summon was still level 3, I knew something was off.. My pet was useless to me, and I started to get very irritated. Especially as I came to level 9 trying to make up my mind if I should get natural bond.. Now I feel just cheated, like I have no choice but to RCR my character because in game description of a feat is wrong. I think the feat should be removed. I've wasted spells and a feat on this, now I have to RCR to fix it and that's painful to do.. Save other people the head ache.. at the very least put in big red letters THIS ANIMAL COMPANION IS USELESS, FOR RP PURPOSES ONLY!

Return to “Questions for DMs”