Can you overwite the default colour of an apearance and put a direct colour onto an armor apearance in the Nwn 2 Toolset? Since many of the clothes are only able to be "vaguely" coloured in any direction is there anyway to force a distinctive "black", "dark red" or simliar onto a cloth garment?
Any feedback is apreciated.
An example... Wouldn't this look quite awezome in black?
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language."- DM Doom
The toolset can only place tintable color over area's predetermined on the tint map.
You can open the texture file and change the color using Photoshop, or open the tint map and change the tintable areas. The armor/clothing tint map recognizes three colors (Red=body color, Blue=tint area 1 and Green=tint area 2).
Keep in mind that tint color is placed over the texture color, so a light color on the texture map allows for a better/cleaner tint color. For example, placing a tint yellow color over a texture black color will not be seen, but placing a tint black over a texture yellow will cover it completely.
The best texture color is white as any tint color will show cleanly over it. Reversely the worse texture color is black as tints will not show over it very well, if at all.
Iv'e tried it a few times now....Umm..is there some sort of turtorial for this sort of stuff? I would like to paint a few cloth for my character...But I don't understand how to use photoshop to tint the damn areas haha.
Archerix wrote:Iv'e tried it a few times now....Umm..is there some sort of turtorial for this sort of stuff? I would like to paint a few cloth for my character...But I don't understand how to use photoshop to tint the damn areas haha.
There are tutorials and the one I used most was on NeverwinterVault: