Hello.
The Swachbukler Dodge gained level 5 and therefore after 5 levels until 20 is nnot counting in the overall AC.
Also I have the Dodge feat, that gives +1 AC Bonus.
I am wearing an item (Boots of dodge II) that grants +2 AC (Doge Modifier).
In basics, a Char with 11ac and Swachbuckler dodge + Dodge Feat and Dex 13 should have 13 Armor Class, unless this Armor Class applies only in attack rolls in the system.
But I checking the system, with the description I made, a monster that hits (alone) a character getting a roll better than 11 hits the character, so it does not add the Feats AC.
In the Feat description, it says Dodge Bonus are cumulative.
I remember in the past when we adquire Dodge Feat we had +1AC, its not happening anymore.
For instance, a Swachbuckler level 20 don't get the +4 Dodge Bonus at all?
Feat Dodge and Grace
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Blackrose
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm
Feat Dodge and Grace
Graax, Necromancer Drow
Ul'Dragaz, half drow
Ul'Dragaz, half drow
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
The Swashbuckler dodge only applies to your current or last attacker, and if you aren't wearing Medium armor, Heavy armor or encumbered.
Does that explain the discrepancy you've noticed?
Does that explain the discrepancy you've noticed?
-
Alezka Silverstone
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
oooh new avatar for Narshe. Very nice. Sorry for not adding any new content to this conversation.
-
Thorsson
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:17 pm
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
Normal Dodge does so as well.DM Narshe wrote:The Swashbuckler dodge only applies to your current or last attacker
It's also worth pointing out that you cannot rely on the Character Sheet. You should check the combat log and see what it takes to hit you.
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
Are you by chance breaking any of the rules with the swashbuckler dodge?
You would lose your insightful strike as well.. so probably you would notice I would think.
Otherwise it shows up.
I have a swashbuckler I play on and off, and I think it was working fine.
You would lose your insightful strike as well.. so probably you would notice I would think.
Otherwise it shows up.
I have a swashbuckler I play on and off, and I think it was working fine.
Swashbuckler DodgeEdit
A swashbuckler is trained at focusing her defense on a single opponent in melee. She gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC against melee attacks from her current target or last attacker. This bonus increases by +1 at every five levels after 5th (+2 at 10th level, +3 at 15th, +4 at 20th, +5 at 25th, and +6 at 30th). A swashbuckler loses this bonus when wearing medium or heavy armor or when encumbered.
-
Valefort
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 9779
- Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:07 pm
- Location: France, GMT +2
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
The AC simply doesn't show on the character sheet (for dodge feat and swashbuckler dodge), but when you look at the rolls under the normal conditions (one opponent, light armor, not flat-footed) the AC is there.
Mealir Ostirel - Incorrigible swashbuckler
-
Blackrose
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:21 pm
Re: Feat Dodge and Grace
The Dodge is only against a single enemy as I tested. When there are more than one the AC changes. I will print against one enemy and post.
Graax, Necromancer Drow
Ul'Dragaz, half drow
Ul'Dragaz, half drow