I've an erf.-file with many items in it.
I import it into a module.
I make some changes to the items.
I save.
I export the items into a new erf-file.
I delete all the items in the module.
I import the new erf-file for the items.
All the items comes back as they were before they were changed.
This drives me insane. Yesterday I spent 3 hours adding lore in the toolset, saved it all, and was going to finish it today when I noticed that none of the work I had done had been saved.
Today I tried some different methods:
I created a store.
I made a single change to one item.
I added all the items to the store.
I saved.
I exported the store.
I deleted the store and the items.
I imported the store.
All the items and the store came back, but the item was unchanged.
I also tried baking all the current areas, and compiling all scripts, as well as saving before exporting. It didn't work either.
----
What am I doing wrong? I have never had this issue before.
Kind regards,
// Karond
Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Karond
- Posts: 2221
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am
- Location: Sweden
-
Ivan38Rus
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Re: Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Gotta reopen toolset every time you make changes to the palette because it keeps a temporary directory for a newly created module that has a tendency to never update until you name save and name your module and reopen it.
The most efficient way to import blueprints is by physically copying them into module directory, to do that, you will need to first create a blank module and save it as a directory, close module by openning or creating another, then use NWN2packer (located at vault) to unpack the .erf that you have and drop all the blueprint files into the directory of your original mod, reopen it and do the changes, save and then simply copy all the blueprint files (.upi extension, I think) out of the directory.
The most efficient way to import blueprints is by physically copying them into module directory, to do that, you will need to first create a blank module and save it as a directory, close module by openning or creating another, then use NWN2packer (located at vault) to unpack the .erf that you have and drop all the blueprint files into the directory of your original mod, reopen it and do the changes, save and then simply copy all the blueprint files (.upi extension, I think) out of the directory.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Whats the point of exporting them, deleting them, and re-importing them?
I guess I'm wondering why don't you just skip all that and leave them all in the module?
I've never ran across this issue, but then I never do that I guess.
I guess I'm wondering why don't you just skip all that and leave them all in the module?
I've never ran across this issue, but then I never do that I guess.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Yea, I was wondering the same.Luna wrote:Whats the point of exporting them, deleting them, and re-importing them?
I guess I'm wondering why don't you just skip all that and leave them all in the module?
I've never ran across this issue, but then I never do that I guess.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
Karond
- Posts: 2221
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am
- Location: Sweden
Re: Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Yes, me too!
I tried leaving them in the module and saving that way, and that works. I guess that's what I used to do. Thanks Ivan
I tried leaving them in the module and saving that way, and that works. I guess that's what I used to do. Thanks Ivan
-
gedweyignasia
- Custom Content
- Posts: 1353
- Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm
- Location: EST/UTC-4
Re: Saving issue, it's driving me insane
Can you explain this in more words? I'm a little slow, not sure I get what you do to get bugged behavior and what you do differently to avoid it.Ivan38Rus wrote:Gotta reopen toolset every time you make changes to the palette because it keeps a temporary directory for a newly created module that has a tendency to never update until you name save and name your module and reopen it.