Following this suggestion.
The story.
One of my chars wants backup alchemical silver weapon (falchion). "In case of more werewolves". Even unenchanted one would work although I wouldn't mind acquiring backup +3. I have not ever seen one on sale and have not ever seen one of them drop.
Now.... character has enough money to have one forged, there is blacksmith in beregost, in nashkel, and the character is part of a guild that is supposed to have a stockpile of weaponry, their own smiths and connection to traders. In the game WORLD this course of action (ordering weapon to be forged, or utilizing guild) would make perfect sense.
This post suggests that with DM present I can walk up to smith, chat with him and order the weapon.
Is this true? Or not?
Ordering custom crafted weapons from NPCs?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
NegInfinity
- Posts: 2449
- Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 am
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Ordering custom crafted weapons from NPCs?
Item requests aren't usually the best way to get a DM interested.
Probably the best way to go about something like this is to PM the DM group here on the forums and see if one of the DMs is willing to run an encounter for you.
Or, what I would do, is make an auction thread to see if players are willing to participate first. If nothing shows up after a dedicated effort towards that, I might ask the DMs.
Probably the best way to go about something like this is to PM the DM group here on the forums and see if one of the DMs is willing to run an encounter for you.
Or, what I would do, is make an auction thread to see if players are willing to participate first. If nothing shows up after a dedicated effort towards that, I might ask the DMs.