Hey, I've heard somewhere, can't remember where, that on the server a Druid is allowed to cast spells in animal form after so-and-so many levels of Druid I think it was, but I then got to wondering....
1: Is this true for ALL spells they have, or just certain ones?
2: If 1 is true, how many levels of Druid would be the minimum needed and/or is an actual Feat part of it?
3: Can they also do so in other Polymorph shapes?
which then took me to one last question in this line:
4: if 3 is true, could someone who has gotten a polymorph-like thing from their class, for example level 11+ Warlock, then be able to use spells/spell-like abilities as well, if they also have the needed amount of Druid levels?
Hopefully, I'm not asking something that is already in here, as that would probably be annoying, and I also hope my questions are clear enough.
OH, a fifth question popped into my head!
5: if the thing letting Druids cast spells in other forms is a feat, could other classes also get it, when they have access to shape-shifting?
Druids, natural spellcasting, and polymorphing
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Lryhkan
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:11 pm
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am
Re: Druids, natural spellcasting, and polymorphing
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Natural_Spell is the feat you're looking for. Requires 13 wisdom and wildshape so you can take it after 5 levels of druid.
We also have other druid changes listed here and new spells for them here.
So to answer questions by number.
1) True for all spells they have.
2) 5 levels in Druid and the feat Natural Spell
3) The feat only applies to Wild Shape, Plant Wildshape, Elemental Wildshape and Dragonshape. None of the polymorph spells (Polymorph and Shapechange.)
4) Warlocks cannot cast Druid spells from their shapes (Hellspawn Grace and Word of Changing)
More on 4) here
5) Other classes like Wizards, Clerics, Sorcerers, Favored Souls, etc can cast while in Wild Shape if they have Natural Spell, but not in Polymorph or Shapechange.
We also have other druid changes listed here and new spells for them here.
So to answer questions by number.
1) True for all spells they have.
2) 5 levels in Druid and the feat Natural Spell
3) The feat only applies to Wild Shape, Plant Wildshape, Elemental Wildshape and Dragonshape. None of the polymorph spells (Polymorph and Shapechange.)
4) Warlocks cannot cast Druid spells from their shapes (Hellspawn Grace and Word of Changing)
More on 4) here
5) Other classes like Wizards, Clerics, Sorcerers, Favored Souls, etc can cast while in Wild Shape if they have Natural Spell, but not in Polymorph or Shapechange.
-
ohboy007
- Posts: 336
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:30 pm
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Re: Druids, natural spellcasting, and polymorphing
I think one of my guys is the only shapeshifter that casts spells (arcane) other then druid ones in wildshape. So if you go warlock with wildshape natural spell feat, you will certainly be very very unique.Lryhkan wrote:Hey, I've heard somewhere, can't remember where, that on the server a Druid is allowed to cast spells in animal form after so-and-so many levels of Druid I think it was, but I then got to wondering....
1: Is this true for ALL spells they have, or just certain ones?
2: If 1 is true, how many levels of Druid would be the minimum needed and/or is an actual Feat part of it?
3: Can they also do so in other Polymorph shapes?
which then took me to one last question in this line:
4: if 3 is true, could someone who has gotten a polymorph-like thing from their class, for example level 11+ Warlock, then be able to use spells/spell-like abilities as well, if they also have the needed amount of Druid levels?
Hopefully, I'm not asking something that is already in here, as that would probably be annoying, and I also hope my questions are clear enough.
OH, a fifth question popped into my head!
5: if the thing letting Druids cast spells in other forms is a feat, could other classes also get it, when they have access to shape-shifting?
The Red Sorceress Sabel Faeria
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
Tommy Slick-Boot Bones (Rumored bounty hunter)
"Shhh! Pay the shadows no mind."
Nomusa Nuru (The Druid from Chult with mysterious arcane powers)
"With Ubtao as my witness, I shall find the evil that plaques my land and put an end to it."
-
Lryhkan
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:11 pm
Re: Druids, natural spellcasting, and polymorphing
Well... drat.... had kinda hoped to be able to use Blasts in transformations as a Warlock.... ah well...
On another note, would it be impolite to ask in this thread about the possibilities of having a certain invocation from PnP set into the server? And if not, where should I do so?
On another note, would it be impolite to ask in this thread about the possibilities of having a certain invocation from PnP set into the server? And if not, where should I do so?
-
DM Narshe
- Posts: 1227
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am