The rules state:
– Please do not use famous names (like "Robin Hood" or "Drizzt Do'Urden") for your character. Do not put any titles in your name or biography that you did not earn. You are not a king, noble, general, baron, etc. unless the DMs grant your PC that title. And finally, please use a name rather than a description (no "Big Man" or "Larry the Wizard") for your character. A character in violation of this rule may log in to find the character with a new name.
In my interpretation, Lucifer Church does not refer to *the* lucifer from popular religion, but I have already been questioned by three people, one of whom was a staff member. I am going to be giving 195,000 xp to this toon from an RCR, so I don't want to run into any renaming problems and be required to RCR again and lose my xp, as I have a significant XP penalty with this build.
I like the name and it fits my character concept perfectly, but if it is against server rules I will, of course, happily change it.
Is the name "Lucifer Church" in violation of server rules?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
mrieder79
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am
-
DM Novus
- Posts: 2318
- Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:54 pm
Re: Is the name "Lucifer Church" in violation of server rule
Lucifer Church does come across as a joke name, at first read.
Since you say it fits your character concept perfectly, then I would assume you are actually relating the name to the actual OOC definitions or interpretations of the words Lucifer and Church. Thus I would say you are trying to...skirt the Rules?
Changing a PC name does not require another RCR or a rebuild—DMs can simply change your PC's name, have you log out then on immediately, and the change is permanent.
mreider79, based on your past on BGTSCC, I feel you can come up with something a bit more fitting to the Forgotten Realms environment.
NOVUS
Since you say it fits your character concept perfectly, then I would assume you are actually relating the name to the actual OOC definitions or interpretations of the words Lucifer and Church. Thus I would say you are trying to...skirt the Rules?
Changing a PC name does not require another RCR or a rebuild—DMs can simply change your PC's name, have you log out then on immediately, and the change is permanent.
mreider79, based on your past on BGTSCC, I feel you can come up with something a bit more fitting to the Forgotten Realms environment.
NOVUS
The most important post you will ever read:
THE LAWS OF THE LANDS (IC)
THE LAWS OF THE LANDS (IC)
-
mrieder79
- Posts: 875
- Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am
Re: Is the name "Lucifer Church" in violation of server rule
Sure thing. Thanks for your reply.