How to join the PW

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

chad878262
Posts: 9332
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:55 pm

How to join the PW

Unread post by chad878262 »

Hi, I haven't played a PW in years (and years, and years...) In the past I recall having to submit a character for approval and such. I have read the 'getting started', 'rules' and many other posts, but am just wondering if I have to submit anything or just download the PW files, wipe my override and sign on? I literally have not played a PW since NWN1, and don't have a lot of time to play (which is why I haven't in a long time). However, I think I will have a little time Fridays as well as an hour or two early Saturday / Sunday mornings. Hoping someone out there can help me with getting started, also wondering if there are different starting areas (i.e. do Rangers/Druids start in the woods somewhere?)

thanks!
Chord Silverstrings - Bard and OSR Squire / Tarent Nefzen - Arcane Wand Merchant and Master Alchemist / Irrace Arkentlar - Drow Adventurer / Finneaus Du'Veil - Gem Merchant and Executive Officer of SCCE

Tarent's Wands and Elixirs

A Wand Crafter's guide to using wands
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: How to join the PW

Unread post by DM Narshe »

We have a pretty detailed thread (with visuals!) about how to connect Here.

With Atari and Gamespy gone, the serverlist aspect of the game was removed.
Luckily, Skywing's Client Extension has incorporated a fix for it, if you choose to install the extension.

Otherwise, Direct Connect to 208.94.245.10:5121 usually works.

Welcome back. :)

Return to “Questions for DMs”