Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Vekin
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: England

Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by Vekin »

This has come up a few times since I have been playing here and I'll bet it came up a few times before that too :)

By default NWN2 made a mess of the nature Deities. We have a few gods that allow the Druid class when they should not and Rangers restricted to the same deity list as Druids. I won't bother posting examples as I am pretty sure by now we know it's the case, Ill dig them out later if you want me to cite PnP.

My question though is simple, is there a reason the server sticks to the bungled NWN2 default nature deities and if the answer is no then is there any plans to make changes to the list to allow players the freedom to create characters in line with what they see in the PnP rules?
DM Eminence
Posts: 1762
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:05 am

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by DM Eminence »

This was voted for and the majority of the DM didn't feel the need to remove the restrictions on the ranger deity choice.
"Let us ever remember that our interest is in concord, not in conflict."
"And that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war."
Retired.
Vekin
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by Vekin »

Are we allowed to know the reason? It's pretty clear that atari got it wrong so I would be interested to know why such a simple changed was voted against
NegInfinity
Posts: 2449
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by NegInfinity »

Vekin wrote: My question though is simple, is there a reason the server sticks to the bungled NWN2 default nature deities
I'm no DM but my guess is someone didn't quite like the idea of possibly having rangers of gargauth, or something similar to that.
User avatar
grymhild
Recognized Donor
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by grymhild »

I would like to petition again that rangers be allowed to follow Eilistraee, as not only is she is a goddess of hunting, both 2nd and 3rd editions of D&D have ranger/clerics as an option for her priestesses.
Drathyrra [perma-dead]
Gilia Glandertor [inactive]
Grimhildr Ulvsdatter [active]
Iradortha "Iri" Umbrynthal [inactive]
Jhasina Harika yr Nar'ysra el Ifrit Khalid yi Memnon [active]
Lanathalas [retired]
Mhaev of Cathyr [retired]
Nevaetriel Rilae'ar'an, Kerym'quaress ath Eilistraee [jounal] [It's complicated]
N'essa [perma-dead]
Shaytessa Umbrynthal [bio] [journal] [???]
Shryl [retired]
Sssiks [active]
Ssinyrr [bio] [active]
Hathran Tatyana [active]
Vierdra Zau'afin [inactive]
Cel'Daren
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 am

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by Cel'Daren »

I'd like to petition that Rangers simply have their deity choices opened up, please. In PnP they had such freedom, someone could even make a Ranger of Garguath (A mercenary for hire who's job primarily concentrated in tracking down targets in the wilderness to make sure they didn't foil the dasterdly politician's plans of corrupt rulership would make a good example I think), and I'd like the freedom to be able to make whatever kind of Ranger I want.
Vekin
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by Vekin »

NegInfinity wrote:
Vekin wrote: My question though is simple, is there a reason the server sticks to the bungled NWN2 default nature deities
I'm no DM but my guess is someone didn't quite like the idea of possibly having rangers of gargauth, or something similar to that.
Well the FR allows Kiaransalee to have Rangers so it seems really any deity can have Rangers.
kingbobertvii
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 am

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by kingbobertvii »

I'd add my vote to this - I don't even play a ranger but I don't see why folks can't choose deities that fit their RP for one.
Unless there's some balance issue that would arise from changing the deity list I think it's a great idea that can only add to the RP of the server.
Eclypticon
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by Eclypticon »

This issue is exactly why we were considering adding the Hunter class, right?
User avatar
grymhild
Recognized Donor
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:58 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Ranger/Druid/Nature Deities

Unread post by grymhild »

Im for opening rangers, and its an easy fix, I think that the only thing that needs to be done is changing the 'allow ranger' in one file
Drathyrra [perma-dead]
Gilia Glandertor [inactive]
Grimhildr Ulvsdatter [active]
Iradortha "Iri" Umbrynthal [inactive]
Jhasina Harika yr Nar'ysra el Ifrit Khalid yi Memnon [active]
Lanathalas [retired]
Mhaev of Cathyr [retired]
Nevaetriel Rilae'ar'an, Kerym'quaress ath Eilistraee [jounal] [It's complicated]
N'essa [perma-dead]
Shaytessa Umbrynthal [bio] [journal] [???]
Shryl [retired]
Sssiks [active]
Ssinyrr [bio] [active]
Hathran Tatyana [active]
Vierdra Zau'afin [inactive]

Return to “Questions for DMs”