Creation Bug

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

SteamGolem
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:44 am

Creation Bug

Unread post by SteamGolem »

I'm having a certain problem in the game. As I was making a character, I didn't like how I distributed the attributes, so I decided to delete him and make a new character with the same name and look. When I logged on in to my new character, I was back at the same place where I was (in front of the reaper) and I wasn't given the option to choose my languages. Now I'm stuck with my default languages. My Intelligence is around 16.

I just wanted to know if it was possible that you guys could help me please? My ingame character name is Brugar Halvard.
DM Narshe
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Re: Creation Bug

Unread post by DM Narshe »

That's a weird situation you might notice when two characters have the exact same name. The server vault will only recognize one, and you can't really choose which one it'll look at.

If it's been deleted, then once the server resets it should be fixed. If it's not, let us know.

Usually can avoid this by making a new character with a slightly different name. DMs can change the name to the one you want if you explain the story. "StreamGolem" being changed to "SteamGolem" being an example drawn from your forum name. ;)
NegInfinity
Posts: 2449
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Creation Bug

Unread post by NegInfinity »

I accidentally did that once.

If you have character and create another one with the same name, one character will mask another. Meaning that you will be able to access only one of them, while another will be still stored on the server, while remaining inaccessible and there will be only one name in the server list. However, it is uncertain which char will mask which.

Your choice is to delete new character. That'll make original one available (immediately, without waiting for reset). You could also try asking dm to rename new character, but I don't know if that will work.
User avatar
Alsarias
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:27 am
Location: Doron Amar

Re: Creation Bug

Unread post by Alsarias »

The placement of your character in front of the reaper is simply because the name of the deleted character was the same as the new character. The last location script placed the new character based on the place it had for that name when it was logged out of the server last. At your next level you will be able to pick languages again as well.
"The acorn may grow to be the tall and strong oak... though not in one day. Have patience, Acorn."

Return to “Questions for DMs”