any help would be hugely appreciated
Scripting help
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
manz
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 pm
Scripting help
Hi, I am a novice scripter and new to nwn 2 script, I wondering if there is any script command that can retrieve spoken text chat from ig and in to a variable in a script ?
any help would be hugely appreciated
any help would be hugely appreciated
Raelzier Dev'lin - Qu'elghinn of Qu'ellar Dev'lin
-
Shad
- Posts: 328
- Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:36 am
- Location: Ukraine
Re: Scripting help
In NWN1 there were several ways to do so
1. If text is heard by someone, you could get it at OnConversation event. GetListenPatternNumber was for you there.
2. It could be done with NWNX I guess, didn't used it that way though
3. As of 1.69 patch it could be done with GetPCChatMessage function from OnPlayerChat event
it could be a hint for where to look in nwn2
1. If text is heard by someone, you could get it at OnConversation event. GetListenPatternNumber was for you there.
2. It could be done with NWNX I guess, didn't used it that way though
3. As of 1.69 patch it could be done with GetPCChatMessage function from OnPlayerChat event
it could be a hint for where to look in nwn2
Tad - mercenary of the Phoenix Company. Now spending most of time in Friendly Arms, where he rents a room.
Corwin - Who am I? - Lost memory after injuries in the Undead war..
Corwin - Who am I? - Lost memory after injuries in the Undead war..
-
manz
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 pm
Re: Scripting help
I will give it a look, thanks for the help. 
Raelzier Dev'lin - Qu'elghinn of Qu'ellar Dev'lin