However, what if I wanted to choose a permadeath? My PC's soul would go right into the Wall, but demons are known to steal souls away.
The RP I want to do with this character involves some mingling with demons, and I think this would be a great way to do that. And just because a character dies, that does not necessarily mean their journey is over - even for a Faithless.
So what do you DMs think of this idea? Would anyone be willing to work with me on this? Barring permission to play my character in the afterlife, I would instead like to have him run into demons (the specifics wouldn't matter to me, I'd let the DM figure that out) and maybe have them hunt him down if he can manage to escape them.
So if any DM would like to work with me on this, please let me know.