I know that you can have both RWS's Myconid and Bouncy Rock's Beholders, we have it here in BG, but when I try to add them both to a module I'm working on, one cancels the other out... sorta.
I started with the RWS Creature Conversion Project, using the myconid, with no problem. Later, needing a beholder, I added Bounce - Beholder. When adding the beholder, it has no appearance model, unless I remove the RWS Creature hak. Now, if I load the mod, with both content there (beholder still having no appearance), I can see the myconid, cannot see the beholder, and both attack. I'm not able to target the beholder.
Also, RWS CCP has both a hak and erf, Bounce - B has a hak and an override folder full of files, but no erf.
Did any of that make sense? So, what gives?
Unrelated, how do I set a door to close automatically after a set time?
Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Yawgnor
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
- Location: Coatesville, PA
Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
-
Calodan
- Posts: 2032
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 pm
- Location: Missoula Montana BIG SKY COUNTRY
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
For Door you click on them and scroll down through to the scripts. There is an ON OPEN line. Click it and go to the drop down menu. IN that menu it will have options double click on CLOSE. VOILA! Door closes after a set amount of time.
Kory Sentinel
"We should take the army head on!"
"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
"We should take the army head on!"
"... it sounds like a terrible idea, but look at that smile."
"And he just sounds so confident ... he is a favored soul."
"Even if we don't survive, he will, and isn't that what matters?" -Red Lancer
-
Yawgnor
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
- Location: Coatesville, PA
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Very cool. Thank you.
I forgot to add, is there a way to make the door non-highlightable (it's a secret door)?
I forgot to add, is there a way to make the door non-highlightable (it's a secret door)?
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
-
Vekin
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
- Location: England
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Go grab pains monster hak from the vault
Pains Monster Pack
It has most of the monsters that have been released and will save you adding them one by one yourself.
For door closing you can find a script to door that on the vault or drop me a PM and I'll dig one out for you as I have a few I have gathered over the years that have options to lock the door etc.
Secret Doors
You have to work around to make them really secret, I'll look in my modules tomorrow and see if I still have the one I use to use and the example module.
Pains Monster Pack
It has most of the monsters that have been released and will save you adding them one by one yourself.
For door closing you can find a script to door that on the vault or drop me a PM and I'll dig one out for you as I have a few I have gathered over the years that have options to lock the door etc.
Secret Doors
You have to work around to make them really secret, I'll look in my modules tomorrow and see if I still have the one I use to use and the example module.
-
Yawgnor
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
- Location: Coatesville, PA
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Thank you, Vekin. I'm gonna give the monsters a try in a bit. But right now I'm thinkin its time to get drunk; Calodan's suggestion worked great (and thank you for real)... for one door, but it will not work for any of the others. And I'm starting to get frustrapissed.
Door 1 (secret door) - tag: bm_door_secret (this one works)
Door 2 - tag: Catacomb_Door_4 (this one will not work)
What am I doing wrong?
edit: I got it; forgot case sensitive. :/
Door 1 (secret door) - tag: bm_door_secret (this one works)
Code: Select all
// ga_door_close
/*
This closes a door
sTag = The tag of the door to close
nLock = Set to 1 if you want to lock the door after it closes
*/
// FAB 10/11
void main(string sTag, int nLock)
{
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag( "BM_Door_Secret" );
DelayCommand ( 30.0, AssignCommand( oDoor, ActionCloseDoor( oDoor ) ) );
if ( nLock == 0 ) SetLocked( oDoor, TRUE );
}Code: Select all
// ga_door_close
/*
This closes a door
sTag = The tag of the door to close
nLock = Set to 1 if you want to lock the door after it closes
*/
// FAB 10/11
void main(string sTag, int nLock)
{
object oDoor = GetObjectByTag( "catacomb_door_4" );
DelayCommand ( 30.0, AssignCommand( oDoor, ActionCloseDoor( oDoor ) ) );
if ( nLock == 0 ) SetLocked( oDoor, TRUE );
}edit: I got it; forgot case sensitive. :/
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
-
Yawgnor
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:21 pm
- Location: Coatesville, PA
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
I cannot get the monsters to work. This is a quote from the download site, describing the haks: "The is a compilation of NWN2 monsters for the new AutoDownloader feature, with all creatures in Hak format without 2da files which are provided separately."
Hoping that I just was reading it wrong, considering that I have no idea where to find these lost 2da files (seems that the few sites that did have them have moved on), I uploaded every one of the files from the site, even those most likely not needed, and still no luck.
I am a stone throw away from finishing my project, but this monster problem will kill it, 10 feet from the goal. What I need, and I know it is asking a lot from people that don't know me... what I need is not to be shown the path, but to be walked down it hand in hand.
Hoping that I just was reading it wrong, considering that I have no idea where to find these lost 2da files (seems that the few sites that did have them have moved on), I uploaded every one of the files from the site, even those most likely not needed, and still no luck.
I am a stone throw away from finishing my project, but this monster problem will kill it, 10 feet from the goal. What I need, and I know it is asking a lot from people that don't know me... what I need is not to be shown the path, but to be walked down it hand in hand.
Jorn (the Hideous) Odgerson
-
Vekin
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
- Location: England
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
They are difficult to find on the page but they are their, I have pulled them into dropbox for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcg02rfstorgl ... e.2da?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcg02rfstorgl ... e.2da?dl=0
-
Vekin
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:53 pm
- Location: England
Re: Myconids, Beholders, and Closing Doors
Secret Doors
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pl21t70g8071 ... s.rar?dl=0
Take a look at that module in the toolset, it uses a placeable and a trigger to fake a secret door. Its pretty straight forward to use. The true door in the area also has a close door script on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pl21t70g8071 ... s.rar?dl=0
Take a look at that module in the toolset, it uses a placeable and a trigger to fake a secret door. Its pretty straight forward to use. The true door in the area also has a close door script on it.