Okay, I write a biography and post it to the "correct" sub-forum EXACTLY as specified in the ONLY instructional post on the subject I found.
Now a DM tells me that I must PM it to a DM for it to be worthy of credit????????????????
WHERE EXACTLY IN THE FORUMS IS IT POSTED THAT THE ONLY INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHERE TO PUT THE BIOGRAPHY IS WRONG AND SHOULD BE IGNORED IN FAVOR OF SENDING A PM?
Just wondering.
Which is correct?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Unka_Oogie
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 am
Which is correct?
This post (http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20782) says
So, who do I believe? Do I believe the forum post or the PM? If it's the PM, then why is that kept a secret from the players?
But I get a PM from a DM telling me that the only way to get such credit is to PM the biography to the DMs.Please note that if you wish to get the XP reward you need to make sure you
post your biography here in the correct sub forum
** If you do not want to post your biographies publicly, PM them to the DMs.
So, who do I believe? Do I believe the forum post or the PM? If it's the PM, then why is that kept a secret from the players?
-
DM Cradh
- Posts: 1005
- Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:52 pm
Re: Which is correct?
You can post it to the appropriate subforum as it says.
Perhaps the DM in question was asking you to PM it to them as they could not find it on the forums.
Perhaps the DM in question was asking you to PM it to them as they could not find it on the forums.
Not knowing the rules is not an excuse!
-
DM Dialectic
- Posts: 6235
- Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:21 pm
Re: Which is correct?
Yep, this is all that is required by the rules as Cradh said. I just usually tell players that they need to PM the DM team about it as well to make sure it gets noticed by a DM team member with time to review it for reward approval, but I do not mean this to be a rule. Just practical advice for players that might help speed along the approval process!DM Cradh wrote:You can post it to the appropriate subforum as it says.
Perhaps the DM in question was asking you to PM it to them as they could not find it on the forums.
Another good idea can be to poke a DM about the bio reward in game to ask about having it reviewed.
-
DM Golem
- Posts: 8842
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Re: Which is correct?
I have merged the two topics as this is the best place for both questions.