Server Not Responding (Technical Issue?)

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Atlas Peregrine
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Server Not Responding (Technical Issue?)

Unread post by Atlas Peregrine »

Hello all! Hopefully I'm posting in the right place. Basically - my game seems to start up fine, but whenever I try accessing the server by clicking 'Direct Connect' I keep getting the response 'Connection error: Server is not responding (timed out)'.

I've tried 208.94.245.10:5121, 208.94.245.11:5121, and 208.94.245.12:5121 repeatedly. I've restarted my computer a couple of times. I've run a debugging program or two. I consistently get the same response. Does anyone have any advice? Is anyone experiencing the same error?

I know the server's been glitching recently, and a friend suggested that one of the glitches might have erased my registration. Is there any way to check that out? Would such a glitch result in said error message?

I'm just feeling really clueless and was wondering if anyone had come across this problem before. Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Atlas
User avatar
DM Golem
Posts: 8842
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: Server Not Responding (Technical Issue?)

Unread post by DM Golem »

Unfortunately it is not an issue on your clientside, rather its a problem affecting the server as a whole. Please see this eloquent post prepared by Maecius.

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45165
User avatar
Grimcheese
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Re: Server Not Responding (Technical Issue?)

Unread post by Grimcheese »

Sometimes, even if the server is up, you'll time out anyway. It happened to me last night.

But if that's the case, I find restarting the NWN2 client to fix that issue. Hopefully it'll work for you. :)
Atlas Peregrine
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:08 pm

Re: Server Not Responding (Technical Issue?)

Unread post by Atlas Peregrine »

Thank you, sir. It does bring some small comfort to know I'm not accidentally doing something stupid and there are others in the same boat, though it's a shame they're in the same boat. Hope things sort themselves out soon!

Atlas

Return to “Questions for DMs”