Set start location bugged.

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
Maximvs
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Set start location bugged.

Unread post by Maximvs »

In some maps, it appears right on the ground where I click. In a bugged map of mine though, it appears really really high in the toolset, and it makes my game crash when I load it . What can I do to fix this?
MmmmMMMMmmm, tasty humanz, hmmmmMMM!!!
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Set start location bugged.

Unread post by Luna »

It's fine no matter how high it is.
It means though you placed it over an area that isn't walkable so the game can't load your character.

There is an X,Y,Z setting in the properties.
If all else fails you can use those to move it by manually didling with the values.
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Set start location bugged.

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

You need to bake the area and place starting location over a walkable surface.
User avatar
Maximvs
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: Set start location bugged.

Unread post by Maximvs »

got it, the bug was actually my dumb watermill plugin that doesn't like big maps I guess. Not sure why its bugging. Meh.
MmmmMMMMmmm, tasty humanz, hmmmmMMM!!!

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”