Help designing a room

Information and Discussion Relating to NWN2 Area Design

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

User avatar
gedweyignasia
Custom Content
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: EST/UTC-4

Help designing a room

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

I need help designing a room for an area.

I want to have a 4x6 room in the Castle stone interior tileset with transition doors on either end and an ominous, magical-looking obelisk halfway through the room. I need a separate path to get to the obelisk from one of the doors. (Using the same tiles, so I'll have to use placeables & walkmeshes to do that.) The floor needs to be pretty bare to accommodate some scripted visual elements, but the walls and the outer edges of the room are free for interesting placeables to make the place look less bare.

Problem is, I have NO idea what props to use to cut this room up. I've found an obelisk, but it doesn't look great, and I don't think I can tint it. I really just need any magical-looking device that the player might be able to switch on/off with a clear place I can have a power light. (A bright light atop an obelisk seemed the most obvious choice.)

Anyone have suggestions on what to use?

Image
Tan squares must be empty, white can have props/set dressing, green door is enter, dark red door is the exit, red triangle is the obelisk. The blue path must be physically segregated from the tan squares.

Whatever segregates the tan squares from the blue squares cannot block the obelisk's line of sight to anywhere in the tan or blue squares. The obelisk has to be able to "see" every part of the colored squares. I wanted to make it an elevated balcony, but I couldn't find a way to do it without making it very ugly.

Return to “NWN2 Area Design”