1. I was wondering if there is a way to copy several tiles "with their placebles" to another area.
Example: I have Area A and Area B in the same module open in the Toolset. Is there anyway I can copy a room from Area A to B bringing the tiles, and its placebles at the least. Lights, effects and such isn't important. Just the tiles and placebles.
And I know you can copy certain placebles with Ctrl+C ->Ctrl+V but I was wondering if there is a better way?
2. I found this in a pre-made area..Theres no HAKs in the module so I would presume it would exist here to. Anyone know where this Tile come from and where to find it in the toolset? I have checked the apearance name it says: 2_Walls_1_Corner.
I can't seem to find it though... Ayone know? Screenie of the tile is below:
Thank you on forehand!
Regards: Darker
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language."- DM Doom
1. No. Not unless there's some plugin I'm unaware of that will do it for you somehow.
2. I'm not sure what set of tiles it's in, but you should be able to find out yourself just by clicking the "Tiles" function in the selection tools at the top. Then click anywhere inside the tile and look at its properties on the right, and the group should be listed.
Retired. If you have any questions or requests, please send them to the DM team, and not this account, as it will not be checked. Stay classy, BGTSCC.
DM Gogo wrote:
2. I'm not sure what set of tiles it's in, but you should be able to find out yourself just by clicking the "Tiles" function in the selection tools at the top. Then click anywhere inside the tile and look at its properties on the right, and the group should be listed.
Yes I have done this. I even checked the cavern tiles. I have gone through the whole damnable list and I don't seem to be able to find it... >_>
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language."- DM Doom
That is the castle tileset, its quite dark so I'm not absolutely sure but looks to me like the Castle tileset.. then when you place the tile press the up and down arrows to switch between the "look" choices for that corner piece... in the toolset on the right of each tile it will show you how many choices there are next to each piece.
*edit* oh and I don't know of any way to copy tiles, I think you have to manually put those down first then ... make sure you have "Show ALL" selected from the toolbar at the top.. this will show all the sounds, lights, effects, everything... THEN height lock everything before copy and pasting to your new blank tile.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
LISA100595 wrote:That is the castle tileset, its quite dark so I'm not absolutely sure but looks to me like the Castle tileset.. then when you place the tile press the up and down arrows to switch between the "look" choices for that corner piece... in the toolset on the right of each tile it will show you how many choices there are next to each piece.
*edit* oh and I don't know of any way to copy tiles, I think you have to manually put those down first then ... make sure you have "Show ALL" selected from the toolbar at the top.. this will show all the sounds, lights, effects, everything... THEN height lock everything before copy and pasting to your new blank tile.
Lisa you are an angel! ^_^ I didn't know you could change shape of the tiles with the arrowkeyes like that. It opend up some new possibilities for me in the toolset. Thank you!
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language."- DM Doom
LISA100595 wrote:That is the castle tileset, its quite dark so I'm not absolutely sure but looks to me like the Castle tileset.. then when you place the tile press the up and down arrows to switch between the "look" choices for that corner piece... in the toolset on the right of each tile it will show you how many choices there are next to each piece.
*edit* oh and I don't know of any way to copy tiles, I think you have to manually put those down first then ... make sure you have "Show ALL" selected from the toolbar at the top.. this will show all the sounds, lights, effects, everything... THEN height lock everything before copy and pasting to your new blank tile.
Lisa you are an angel! ^_^ I didn't know you could change shape of the tiles with the arrowkeyes like that. It opend up some new possibilities for me in the toolset. Thank you!
Awe you make me blush! Thank you! And to what 7threalm said.. also +1
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
you have to make the tiles manually but for the placeables, select all of the originals and right click, there should be an option to set group, once you set them all in a group you should be able to copy the entire group and move it
i cant remember if they stay in place so you will have to play with it, but you should be able to mass copy via grouping
You can merge separate areas together by using the 'TerraCoppa' plugin. It takes a bit of fiddling around to understand how it works, but its easy once figured out.
So you can take what you like from area A and add it to area C and then take what you like from area B and also add it to area C.
Now you have a new area (C) that incorporates the parts of area's A and B in it.
tfunke wrote:You can merge separate areas together by using the 'TerraCoppa' plugin. It takes a bit of fiddling around to understand how it works, but its easy once figured out.
So you can take what you like from area A and add it to area C and then take what you like from area B and also add it to area C.
Now you have a new area (C) that incorporates the parts of area's A and B in it.
Now this is very interesting. Can you offer a download link? If theres a guide for the plugin that be great! Thx!
"NWNScript is what happens when you ask Satan to turn C into a scripting language."- DM Doom